Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Frankenstein T-5 Waggin' Chronicle (vast doesnt do it)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is why I am not looking forward to the exploder motor in my vic :nonono:
    1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
    Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Is this the only reason? I have a whole fucking list I can send you!
      2011 Mustang GT Premium, MT82, Kona/Saddle, HIDs, 3.73s, 19s, hood/side stripes, UPR 1.5" springs with adjustable panhard bar, and UMI solid LCAs and relocation brackets.
      1992 Explorer Eddie Bauer, slight lift, 34s, and A/C...
      1979 Bronco Custom, 351M/C6/NP205, 4" lift, 35s, lots of fender trimming.

Comment

how about regular gt-40 heads then tom?

RIP Jason P Harril, we'll miss ya bro

'80 Town Coupé
        '84 Towncar - Teh Cobra TC, 408w powered
        '16 Ram 1500 CC Outdoorsman, Hemi/3.92/8sp 4x4

Comment

They're a waste of time, Tom! Don't do it!
          Get the Ps! I did! You should, too!
          2011 Mustang GT Premium, MT82, Kona/Saddle, HIDs, 3.73s, 19s, hood/side stripes, UPR 1.5" springs with adjustable panhard bar, and UMI solid LCAs and relocation brackets.

Comment

Go against the grain, be a rebel, non-conformist!! Rage against the Machine!!!

RIP Jason P Harril, we'll miss ya bro

'80 Town Coupé
            '84 Towncar - Teh Cobra TC, 408w powered
            '16 Ram 1500 CC Outdoorsman, Hemi/3.92/8sp 4x4

Comment

How about just clearancing the edge of the header flange a little. Just unbolt it and whack it down a little with a grinder, or do it in-place with a die grinder. Not a major issue.
              86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
              I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

The flange isn't a problem. The socket is all the way seated on the plug. The problem is, I'd need to go straight through the header tube to get to the socket.

Comment

why not use a shorter socket with one of those 90* wobble joint things

Comment

Originally posted by Freshmeat
                    The flange isn't a problem. The socket is all the way seated on the plug. The problem is, I'd need to go straight through the header tube to get to the socket.
                    Ah. I see now. OK, second pimp's suggestion. Flexi plug socket will help. i use one for my truck and it makes the job a lot easier.
                    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Even with a swivel adapter (not to be confused with a wobble extension), it would be difficult.
                      Just put the spark plug socket on the plug and turn it using a wrench on the hex end. Problem solved.

Comment

I am a little cranky, so excuse me, but......... QUIT THE BITCHIN!!.

With an actual spark plug socket, a swivel socket to go on the end and a swivel spark plug socket, you can very quickly pull and install your plugs on a hot engine. I have to do it between rounds to check the plugs on my motor and it is not a big deal. Even if you have to stick a wrench on the end of a spark plug socket because you want to do it cheap, it is no big deal.
                        Pretty soon everyone will want to switch to a 351 just because you can't get a socket and straight extension on the lower thermostat housing bolt of a 302 and everyone will start singing the praises of an 8" over a 9" because you can get at all of the 3rd member housing bolts with a socket and a straight extension.
                        Of course I am being a little silly, but it is more silly to think that you would have to pull a header to pull a plug with FRPP P headers.

Comment

hmmm... a 351 swap to make T/stat changes easier. I think your on to something !!!
                          2003 Town Car Signature - 3.27 RAR, Dual exhaust and J-mod - SOLD 9/2011
                          89 Crown Victoria LX HPP -- SOLD 9/2010
                          88 Grand Marquis LS - The Original -- Totaled 5/2006

I rebuild AOD/AODE/4R70W/4R75E transmissions....Check out my Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/North...48414635312478

Comment

Yeah, that damn lower thermostat housing bolt!
                            Project \"Fire and Ice\":

1989 LTC

My worst enemies are those who presume me to be harmless. They cannot imagine how much I resent and disdain them, or just how great a threat they would face if I could get at them. Everything in their behavior speaks of insult and presumptuousness, and for now it is all I can do to make constructive use of my anger toward them. At this time, I just make a list of them and keep a watch on. Some day, with the help of time, space, and circumstance, I will be able to humiliate them properly - not in a manner they would enjoy, but in a style calculated to make them wish that they had never been born.

Anton Szandor LaVey

Comment

That damned thermostat bolt never gave me problems...

And I am using P heads, because they are what is on the exploder motor...
                              1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                              Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

I just found out the Fun Ford Weekend is going to be at the local strip the first weekend in April! I gotta bust my ass!!

I found out from the guy who gave me an adjustable fuel pressure regulator. Free. :worship:

Gonna do everything in my power this weekend and hopefully make lots of progress. Expect plenty of pictures. If I don't, you need to look at me funny and call me names. :nonono:

Comment

Working...
                                X