Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Frankenstein T-5 Waggin' Chronicle (vast doesnt do it)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't worry about the hijack, dude. I wasn't expecting a long conversation about it- just wanted to state that I'm obsessing over getting this thing done.
    How old are you?
    LaPlace is close enough to NOLA to commute and it's a nice, small-type town that's mildly on the rise. Land is still good price and it's right on Interstate.
    2011 Mustang GT Premium, MT82, Kona/Saddle, HIDs, 3.73s, 19s, hood/side stripes, UPR 1.5" springs with adjustable panhard bar, and UMI solid LCAs and relocation brackets.
    1992 Explorer Eddie Bauer, slight lift, 34s, and A/C...
    1979 Bronco Custom, 351M/C6/NP205, 4" lift, 35s, lots of fender trimming.

Comment

Wish I could get mine done also. Been using mine as my daily driver, and it needs a ton of work.
      Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

Mine needs a lot of work too..

But...soon enough it will get done...
        1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
        Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

I'm ready for it. Fun Ford Weekend is going to be at the local strip the first weekend in April. That means I have less than two months to get this in, running, tuned, and broken in before that point in time. My uncle wants me to rebuild the suspension on his Jeep, too. That's a good thing, because if I do it, I can have him buy me the new springs I want as payment and have them installed by then... just waiting for Duce to get his in and installed so I can adjust my spring rates in accordance with what he says about the ones he ordered.
          2011 Mustang GT Premium, MT82, Kona/Saddle, HIDs, 3.73s, 19s, hood/side stripes, UPR 1.5" springs with adjustable panhard bar, and UMI solid LCAs and relocation brackets.

Comment

Updated need-to-buy list:

Intake bolts

Just called the dealership on the bushings. $2.61 a piece and the come in packages of six. Fuckers. It's the same price at any dealership, though, so there's no competition. Sucks. Oh, well. Almost $20 for two nylon bushings. At least he said I caught the order cut-off and they'll be there Monday. Ready to get home and bust my ass on it tonight and this weekend. I'm told it'll be cold and wet. That agitates me, but there's nothing I can do. Just gonna suck it up and do what I can.

Comment

Oh- add a low-profile valve cover cap to the Need-to-buy list.

Comment

I've been "gonna do stuff" to my car for months as well. Progress has been made lately and it'll be rolling soon enough. I can't wait.
                86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Thing is, I don't think you can just fake the egr like that. The ECM will send a signal to the solenoid to open it, and it's going to expect it to change the reading. You can just leave the EGR valve there and plug the source for it with a pipe plug, then it'll be happy.
                  86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                  5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                  I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I'm hanging on to all this extra junk and if it runs funky, I'm gonna hook it back up. I just really don't want all this junk there if I don't need it... I think this will work.

Comment

Yeah. Another day down the drain. I'm gonna go out there and see if I can get anywhere with the motor mounts (putting me at day five on the MMs alone), but if it's not looking like I'm gonna get anywhere, I'm not bothering. The hard part is, I have to dodge my dog's corpse in the garage. We're going to bury him tomorrow, Dad says.
                      I'm not looking forward to it, but it'll help finalize things.

Comment

Originally posted by Freshmeat
                        Don't worry about the hijack, dude. I wasn't expecting a long conversation about it- just wanted to state that I'm obsessing over getting this thing done.
                        How old are you?
                        LaPlace is close enough to NOLA to commute and it's a nice, small-type town that's mildly on the rise. Land is still good price and it's right on Interstate.
                        I turn 40 in May..:cry:
                        US Army Retired
                        Still Serving Proudly
                        03 Crown Victoria (Black)
                        New 03/03

Comment

bring your cars to me! let me fix the headaches........i need income badly lol

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                          2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                          1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                          1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                          2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                          1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

When is the EGR supposed to open up? What condition(s) determine when?
                            Project \"Fire and Ice\":

1989 LTC

My worst enemies are those who presume me to be harmless. They cannot imagine how much I resent and disdain them, or just how great a threat they would face if I could get at them. Everything in their behavior speaks of insult and presumptuousness, and for now it is all I can do to make constructive use of my anger toward them. At this time, I just make a list of them and keep a watch on. Some day, with the help of time, space, and circumstance, I will be able to humiliate them properly - not in a manner they would enjoy, but in a style calculated to make them wish that they had never been born.

Anton Szandor LaVey

Comment

Sure, Scott- I'll just throw everything on the trailer I don't have, haul it up there with the diesel truck I don't have, and pay you with money I don't have.
                              Sound like a plan?

Comment

Junk it all!!! Just hook your egr to a ported vacuum source and be done with it. The egr will still work properly and all will be well.
                                Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

Working...
                                X