Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Frankenstein T-5 Waggin' Chronicle (vast doesnt do it)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EGR operates under partial vacuum with the engine warm. Its actually pulsed usually and it cuts off when you start to accelerate or at WOT. You probably could do ported vacuum EGR if we had a ported vac source on the EFI cars. The 5.0 SEFI engines don't have such a thing. Its all or nothing.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73
      EGR operates under partial vacuum with the engine warm. Its actually pulsed usually and it cuts off when you start to accelerate or at WOT. You probably could do ported vacuum EGR if we had a ported vac source on the EFI cars. The 5.0 SEFI engines don't have such a thing. Its all or nothing.
      Eh, what is "ported vacuum source"?

Comment

I gave up on the motor mounts today. I am rebuilding the whole suspension as soon as possible, so I'll swap the MMs when I have the LCAs out. The old ones aren't blown, anyway, so I just bolted them back up.
        We also:
        Removed the smog hoses to the cats
        Pulled out the B&M Sportshifter (for sale) and all the cable bracketry
        Removed stock throttle cable and TV cable
        Broke a few things
        Realized I need to find a new throttle cable for this to work
        Considered several ideas of different options
        Drank LOTS of beer.

Not very productive, but I started the day by hanging ceiling sheet rock for 8 hours, so I was pretty worn out to begin with.
        2011 Mustang GT Premium, MT82, Kona/Saddle, HIDs, 3.73s, 19s, hood/side stripes, UPR 1.5" springs with adjustable panhard bar, and UMI solid LCAs and relocation brackets.
        1992 Explorer Eddie Bauer, slight lift, 34s, and A/C...
        1979 Bronco Custom, 351M/C6/NP205, 4" lift, 35s, lots of fender trimming.

Comment

I removed the ones on a car with the lowers in place and no engine. If you have the right swivel socket, the driver's side is a piece of cake. One bolt on the passenger side is a pita but I managed to get in there with the flex socket to hold it and I unthreaded the mount off the bolt. You need one of the types of swivels thats like a ball and socket, not one of the standard universal swivel type.
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Ported vacuum would be something that only has vac with throttle. Usually its where vacuum advance would connect to. On a carb it would be a port above the throttle plate, but it doesn't exist on EFI.

Comment

Lokar makes throttle cables that will work for you. I got mine from summit. Just make sure you dont fray the ends of the cables or it can be a real nightmare.

2009 Ford F-350 6.4 powerstroke diesel. 1977 Ford F-150 built 300 six, 5 speed trans. 1976 MG MGB roadster, 359w, t5 5 speed. 1996 Kawasaki ninja ZX6R.
              My rod is glowing, my bead is clean, my middle name is acetylene

Comment

Originally posted by Mercmarquis
                Lokar makes throttle cables that will work for you. I got mine from summit. Just make sure you dont fray the ends of the cables or it can be a real nightmare.
                +1

Also, you can get any length you need, just about...
                1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

I think I'm gonna need to go that route. I'll look into it.
                  2011 Mustang GT Premium, MT82, Kona/Saddle, HIDs, 3.73s, 19s, hood/side stripes, UPR 1.5" springs with adjustable panhard bar, and UMI solid LCAs and relocation brackets.

Comment

Install bellhousing onto transmission
                    Install clutch fork
                    Install throw-out bearing

Made the above progress, as well as getting some brackets hooked up. Being EXTREMELY worn out and drunk slows the progress, though.
                    I'm going to look into what it'll take to get the throttle/cruise cables hooked up. If I need to get a custom bracket built, then so be it. I'm pretty much at a loss for that. I'm making steady progress. It's VERY slow, but it's steady.

Comment

I'm at a loss...

I've been researching various different options for running my throttle and cruise control cables. So, unless I can score a set of Explorer cables and an Explorer cruise servo and figure out how to wire the Explorer servo into my harness, I don't know that I'll be retaining cruise, anymore... I HATE that idea.
                      I've looked at the Lokar cable, but it's only 24" long- not sure that would suffice. I believe the cables I have (from a 1995 TC) could work, I just need to figure out HOW to get them to work.
                      What did everyone else do who has done this?

Comment

Lokar sells a 36" throttle cable too.

Comment

Are you leaving the intake pointed like it would be on the Exploder, or pointing it like it belongs on a Panther? If you point it like a Panther, just use the stock cables and change the lever on the throttle body. If you're running it Exploder style, hmm, you're possibly SOL unless you relocate the cruise servo. Personally I'd point it like a Panther, use your original lopo throttle lever, a bored out EGR spacer, and just retain the stock cables. It would make it easier.

Comment

I always kept the panther stuff. Much easier, except with the 65mm TB, the panther EGR spacer becomes a restriction. You need a custom one, a 93-95 lightning one, or mod a mustang one.
                            Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

I have a Mustang 65mm spacer. I'm going to shave off the cable bracket attachment and a friend is going to modify it to hold the Panther braketry.
                              I guess. I'll need to go look at things some more, but that sounds like my only option, pretty much. I guess I'll go talk to Austin Wednesday and see about swapping the throttle lever.

Comment

Isn't a Mark VII cruise module on the driver's side too, like a Panther? Cause they have the intake pointing to the passenger side, so ideally you might be able to use Mark VII cables and maybe servo.

Comment

Working...
                                X