T5 Time is Now.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pantera77 View Post
    Yep, I think I'll stop to the yard this weekend and see if I can find any pre 90 panthers. Then I can simply swap pedal assemblies when the time comes.
    I have an extra pedal assembly if you are interested. It's the original from my '86. There's nothing wrong with it, I just swapped it out for the modified one for my ABS.

Comment

You have a returned PM for shipping.

Comment

Slowest 5 speed swap evar.
        1992 CVLX. 5.0 HO/GT40P/T5/3.73/trak-lok with bolt ons. 02 front CVPI setup, rear HPP setup, CVPI shocks around, F250 radiator, e-fans, and the power of 3G. 15.92@89mph, 2.4 60', 4700' elevation (5500' DA) with 3.08 open rear and the old oil chugging 289. RIP.

Comment

Originally posted by Crownvicman289 View Post
          LOL .... if I ever get around to doing a 5-speed swap, then you'll see the true meaning of slow!!!
          2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Admittedy mine started a good 5 years late (got stationed overseas), and took a solid 9 months to complete (lazy). But that's beside the point!
            1992 CVLX. 5.0 HO/GT40P/T5/3.73/trak-lok with bolt ons. 02 front CVPI setup, rear HPP setup, CVPI shocks around, F250 radiator, e-fans, and the power of 3G. 15.92@89mph, 2.4 60', 4700' elevation (5500' DA) with 3.08 open rear and the old oil chugging 289. RIP.

Comment

Well it should be a step closer when he gets the pedal assembly. Zach, if you didn't see my PM yet, you should receive it on Monday.

Comment

Dude, this was supposed to be a winter project, I'm starting it way earlier than anticipated, cut me some slack... But, we got a hint of snow, and I saw salt on the roads Friday by my work, which means the 89 is officially done for the 2011 season and I can go full speed ahead.
                2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
                2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
                2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
                1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

Progress!

[/quote]
                  2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
                  1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

progress is looking good. will you be able to use the same driveshaft with the T5 transmission?
                    sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

Yes
                      1984 CV tudor 351W, 4bbl, 5-speed best time in the 1/8 8.39 at 80 with 1.80 60ft time.
                      2006 P71, 1988 Bronco II, 1986 Baby LTD(5.0 & T5 swap in progress), 1976 16' Hobie Cat, 12' AquaFinn
                      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2651997 UPDATED 20100826
                      sigpic

Comment

my what clean floorpans you have. I could use one of those jackstands with the threading for adjustability...

What are you going to do about the raw edges of the hole for the shifter?

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
                        160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
                        waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

Originally posted by pantera77 View Post
                          Dude, this was supposed to be a winter project, I'm starting it way earlier than anticipated, cut me some slack... But, we got a hint of snow, and I saw salt on the roads Friday by my work, which means the 89 is officially done for the 2011 season and I can go full speed ahead.
                          It's all good, I'm only trying to peer pressure you into finishing it sooner. The world needs more 5 speed boats.

Comment

Originally posted by 1990LTD View Post
                            progress is looking good. will you be able to use the same driveshaft with the T5 transmission?
                            Yes, that's why I mocked it all up, as Freshmeat's guide said you have to swap to a 90/91 driveshaft, which made no sense to me.

Originally posted by johnunit View Post
                            my what clean floorpans you have. I could use one of those jackstands with the threading for adjustability...

What are you going to do about the raw edges of the hole for the shifter?
                            I have no idea where that jackstand came from, I have 2 of them, and they are certainly homemade, but they work great for stuff like this. I eyeballed where the hole should be, then just raised and lowered the tranny to it fit.

As for the hole, I'm not sure, I have a few big old rubber floor mats lying around I may cut up to make work.

It's all good, I'm only trying to peer pressure you into finishing it sooner. The world needs more 5 speed boats.
                            Agreed, auto's FTL.

Comment

Cool! So you did get it lol.

Comment

iv been around boat for most of my life and i have yet to see a 5-speed boat! lol

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
                                1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
                                1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
                                2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
                                2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Working...
                                X