Parking brake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Parking brake

Is this the right parking brake switch for 87wagon.also brake light in dash doesn’t work bulb is good
    Attached Files

I think so. It looks right. You may have to get a small file or sandpaper and knock the oxide off the contacts and that washer that shorts them. If you have good continuity on the switch, you may have a wiring/ground issue on that circuit.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.

Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Switch is new checked wire from switch to cluster is good where would ground be

Comment

I'm not sure. It could be grounded to the chassis through the frame of the parking brake. I'd have to look at that circuit again. It's still the same on my 93, so my service manual should help. I'll have to see if I remember when I get home to check on that.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Comment

Yes the Ground is to parking brake.i looked under dash to follow wires one goes to cluster and found other one goes to dual brake warning switch.my problem no is I don’t have that proportioning valve anymore. Wires are just hanging. How do I fix this now?

Comment

Probably just jumper the connector and see if that fixes it. If yes, make it permanent.

Comment

Connected wires still no light on dash.i then took ignition starter switch connector off on steering column and put power to wire and the light came on with the parking brake down and when I released parking brake light still turned on. I’m thinking it’s the ignition starter switch.

Comment

Working...
              X