Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Go to junk yard and get a 3G

Comment

No need for me to upgrade. I don't even have a radio, or anything that necessitates a better charging system. I have plenty of replacements.
      **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
      **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
      **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
      **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
        Bad idea to do that on an EFI car. The battery is required to keep voltage stable. You run a high risk of toasting the alternator and/or the electrical system by trying to run the car with no alternator.
        Originally posted by phayzer5 View Post
        the damage is worse with no battery...

err, yeah thats what I meant. bad idea to run with no battery. No idea why the hell I said alternator.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
          err, yeah thats what I meant. bad idea to run with no battery. No idea why the hell I said alternator.
          It was the only way for me to tell without a battery tester handy.

Comment

next time do yourself a favor and have a voltmeter on hand instead of pulling the battery cable like that. Its a good way to potentially damage something.
            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Ok thanks for the advice. Don't need anything else going right now.

Comment

Working...
              X