Carb issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carb issues

Well i rebuilt my carb and i also put a new windo motor in but when i went go reinstall it i forgot where all the hoes went....So i need a pic of how it goes. Please

there should be a vacuum routing diagram on your fan shroud if it's still there after 25 years

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
    2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
    1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
    1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
    2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
    1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

ok ill check

Comment

NO hope i dont know how to read that thing.

Comment

I'll try to snap a couple pix of my carb tomorrow if I get a chance and post 'em up for you so you can go off of that. I don't remember there being THAT many vacuum lines to it, though...like maybe three or so?

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
          1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
          But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

Yea i think....but one of them is puffing out white smoke and theres gas coming out the top of the carb where a hose is spose to be hooked 2. And now it sounds like its only hittin off 7 cylinders so what do i do about that new spark plugs and wires and i new distributor?

Comment

Can you post pictures of this thing that gas is coming out of where there's supposed to be a line attached?

But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

Ohh yea and the door from that 85 mgm fits but its off a lil bit. should i go take the hinges of the 85 and use them 2.

Comment

Yea ill go take one now. NVM the digital camera is know where to be found.

Comment

Probably one is a PCV line, it should go to the large fitting on the bottom of the carb. There should be another large fitting that the hose from the vacuum tree goes to, and a small one for the vacuum advance. Most of the fittings should match the sizes of hose available. If you've got fuel pouring out of the side of the carb, it sounds like the float level wasn't set properly.
                    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Ima just buy me a new carb.Can sombody find me a new one on ebay.

Comment

So i guess nobody found me one. I dont know what to look for.

Comment

You'd want to search for a Variable Venturi carb, but before you give up on this one, I'd go through it again and make sure that you've got everything adjusted according to the instructions.

You could buy a remanufactured carb from eBay or something, but "remanufactured" does not necessarily mean it's adjusted correctly, so you may not be any further ahead. If you're somewhat mechanically inclined, you could also swap on a regular 2 bbl carb (Motorcraft 2150), but the car probably won't perform quite as well or get the same gas mileage it does now.

Comment

its got a 2bbl on it now

Comment

It's not a Variable Venturi?

Comment

Working...
                              X