Ok! here is something strange

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok! here is something strange

So The past couple of weeks my cars has been kinda acting up"AGAIN". This time its the door or light bell reminder, you know when you leave ur lights on when u turn the car off the bell goes off as a reminder? well it wont!and also when i have my lights on and i am driving the bell still rings and the door is closed? Does anyone know how i could cut that bell wire or disable it? Thanks guys youve helped me soo much!!!

So when the door is open, it doesn't chime but when it is closed, it does? Weird. There are two connectors for the chime. One is in the steering column (for key in ignition), but I don't know where the connection is for the headlights. Somewhere around the headlight switch since that's what triggers it.

Comment

on mine, the bell module was under the edge of the dash directly below the ashtray. Stick you head under there while the dang thing is chiming, and you'll find it easy enough. Just unplug the module, and no more chimes. No cutting involved.
      1987 Country Squire LX Wagon 5.0L: Daily Ride......1964 Lincoln Continental 430ci: Toy #1.
      1984 F-250 4x4 4.9L: Toy #2.............................1968 Volkswagen Bug 2.0L: Toy #3.
      1989 F-250 4x4 5.8L: Emergency backup and work truck...

Comment

just unplug the stupid chime. my car did the same thing. it was raining and a bit of moisture got into the switch, causing it to freak out. I replaced the switch but never put the chime back in.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

yes, when the door is open it chimes when the door is closed it chimes? , Where whould it be under the ashtray or would i have to take off the dash?

Comment

I had that same exact problem. It was annoying so I unplugged the chime, and the removed it. No need to hack any wires, etc.
            **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
            **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
            **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
            **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

Originally posted by Zcliff89 View Post
              Where whould it be under the ashtray or would i have to take off the dash?
              It's fastened right behind the bottom lip of the face panel. Nothing needs to be dissasembled.
              Like I said, go stick your head under there. You'll find it.
              1987 Country Squire LX Wagon 5.0L: Daily Ride......1964 Lincoln Continental 430ci: Toy #1.
              1984 F-250 4x4 4.9L: Toy #2.............................1968 Volkswagen Bug 2.0L: Toy #3.
              1989 F-250 4x4 5.8L: Emergency backup and work truck...

Comment

thats funny cuz, last year when i drove the wagon i just bought home, half way through the trip the chime started goin and everytime i turned the interior light on and then off again it would stop for a bit then come on again. when i got home and parked it i tried to figure it out but gave up, but the next morning no problems, and none since...so i have no clue...like said, un-plug it lol

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
                1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
                1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
                2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
                2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Originally posted by marquisman View Post
                  thats funny cuz, last year when i drove the wagon i just bought home, half way through the trip the chime started goin and everytime i turned the interior light on and then off again it would stop for a bit then come on again. when i got home and parked it i tried to figure it out but gave up, but the next morning no problems, and none since...so i have no clue...like said, un-plug it lol
                  Same in my Town Car... lol. Happened while it was raining one night and then never happened since. That was over two years ago. My transmission blew the same night though.

Comment

sorry im not sure what a face is where would that be located?

Comment

Just stick your head underneath the dash when the dinger is going, and you'll find it!

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
                      1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
                      But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

Ok guys so I went and looked under the dash by the ashtray with the chime going off! It sounded like I was right by it but couldn't place it. I saw 3 cylinder looking things and a bunch of wires does anyone have a pic of this crazy thing? Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Zcliff89 View Post
                          yes, when the door is open it chimes when the door is closed it chimes? , Where whould it be under the ashtray or would i have to take off the dash?
                          Do your interior lights stay on when the doors shut? Try playing with the door switch for the lights. Mine did that too. I just brought the switch out more. The unit is threaded on a washer. Just turn it to make the switch come out more and contact the door more.

Comment

yea the lights stay on! so i took all the bulbs out im not to sure what u mean by the door thread thing

Comment

sounds like a switch is messed up that is operated by doors like it is pushed into the panel instead of door pushing the button to shut tje thing off. on way to SF07, my door chime started during a rainstorm around Chicago, and shut itself off around Ohio/Pennsylvania state lines. it was only chime acting up on mine, but no problem excet then. check your door switches/buttons to make sure they press in far enough to shut it up. the door chime is located in a lil black box about the size of a pager IIRC. go around to the doors and press the buttons and see if it makes a difference.
                              Addicted to 86-87 Panthers

Comment

Working...
                              X