No announcement yet.

Ok! here is something strange

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the chime module is a square black box with a connector having about a half dozen wires on it. If you've ever seen an EZPass, similar dimensions.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I had my chime start going during a heavy rainstorm in the UP of Michigan last August...started up and went for maybe 10 minutes, quit for another 10-20 minutes, started again for maybe another 10, quit, and hasn't done it since. Highly interesting to find that others have experienced the same thing--I figured mine was just a fluke!

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
      1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
      But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

you'll said that it had to be the door switch, Im positive its the drivers side, cuz sometimes when i push it in it goes of like now but a week ago i would still push it in and it would still saty on, but now when the door is shut and chime off, the light are still on and im positive that my lights are off in my car?

Comment

stupid idea ... but just double checking the headlight switch. maybe it went bad and is causing the lights to be on inside the car or it is turned to the on position for the interior lights. if your door switch/button is messed up that would be causing the door chime... if you mess with that and lights are on, have you checked your headlight switch to make sure interior lights arent turned by it.
          Addicted to 86-87 Panthers

Comment

Problem Solved Thanks for all the help

Comment

ok.... what was solution to the problem? be nice to know for future issue....
              Addicted to 86-87 Panthers

Comment

Originally posted by Zcliff89 View Post
                you'll said that it had to be the door switch, Im positive its the drivers side, cuz sometimes when i push it in it goes of like now but a week ago i would still push it in and it would still saty on, but now when the door is shut and chime off, the light are still on and im positive that my lights are off in my car?
                Then just adjust the switch. it's not fully contacting the door. If you push it in by hand and it don't chime, and the lights stay off, then it just needs to be adjusted.

Comment

Well i tried pucking the door switch in light still on, Me and my dad just disconnected the damn chime, youll have to lay on your back and look under from the ashtray its behind it kind of up there!

Comment

the light stays on? Isn't that a little distracting when you're driving at night?

Comment

yea it did so i took all them suckers out lol

Comment

Seriously? It's got to be a door switches on one of the doors. I'm pretty sure it's also a pain in the ass to not have lights in the car.

Comment

Working...
                        X