Fuse block?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fuse block?

Any one have a picture of the fuse block layout on a 91 panther? My lighter plug blew a fuse due to the stupid DC computer charger... (it shorted out.. stupid chep cigarette lighter plugs!) and I don't want to have to stand on my head to try to figure out which fuse is which! Any help would be appreciated...

I used to have this saved on my computer... but that hard drive crashed taking alot of my reference material with it....

Agent Caitlin Todd… You know Tony, Statistics show that married men live longer…
    Agent Tony DiNozzo… It only seems longer….

http://www.tomspolicecars.com/

Do you have an owner's manual? There is a diagram/ chart in there.

Could just pull fuses looking for the blown one too, though. I like needle nose pliers for that.
    **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
    **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
    **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
    **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

Yah, but thats the point... I don't want to stand on my head to look... I'm getting too old to crawl around under dashes!! LOL!! Let me look in my manual... forgot about that...

Tom...

Agent Caitlin Todd… You know Tony, Statistics show that married men live longer…

Comment

You may have just blown the cigarette lighter. In my manual it's # 16, it's a place to start. It should be a 20 amp fuse.
        Last edited by 86VickyLX; 10-05-2008, 09:31 PM.

Comment

I don't stand on my head, I squat next to the rocker with a regular pair of pliers and pull 'em out till I find one that's blown.
          2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

The '91 fuse boxes are lower down, like the aeros. iirc

Comment

They're down under the steering column. They're kind of a bitch to get at unless you're flexible.
              Originally posted by gadget73
              There is nothing more permanent than a temporary fix.
              91 Mercury CP, Lopo 302, AOD, 3.08LSD. 3g upgrade, Moog wagon coils up front, cc819s in the back. KYB GR-2 police shocks. Energy suspension control arm bushings. Smog deleted.
              93 F-150 XLT, 302, ZF 5-spd from 1-ton, 4wd.
              Daily--07 Civic Coupe. Bone stock with 25k miles
              Wife--14 Subaru Outback. 6-speed.
              95 Subaru Legacy Wagon--red--STOLEN 1/6/13

Comment

oooh, nice - or not. More motivation to put the fusebox underhood if I ever finish up the wiring on the wagon!
                2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

I am currently taking pics of the fuse block under the dash on my 90 CV.
                  What happened here?

Comment

the front cig lighter socket is no. 16. this also controls the horn. check to see if your horn is still working. otherwise pm me and i will get you copies of the owners manual. first pic is of the outer cover. this is how it will look in the car. no extra cover. the second one is with the cover removed. it is all very easy to get to.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by crown vic muscle; 10-09-2008, 08:41 PM.
                    What happened here?

Comment

Here is the second pic. hope they help
                      Attached Files
                      What happened here?

Comment

Thanks to all that answered... been too busy to fix it... Hopefully tonight after work... My "horn" still works.. I use the airhorn on the siren!!! (it is tied into the horn buttons on the steering wheel....)

Comment

Originally posted by crown vic muscle View Post
                          Here is the second pic. hope they help

holy hell your panel is sooooo clean, of wires... My f-ing panel is looooooaaaaaaddddddeeeeeedddd with all of the goodies i have in my car :megadeth:
                          ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                          My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                          My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                          But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                          my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

i just tap off the battery and fuse it in line and have switches all over.
                            What happened here?

Comment

Originally posted by trwp72 View Post
                              Thanks to all that answered... been too busy to fix it... Hopefully tonight after work... My "horn" still works.. I use the airhorn on the siren!!! (it is tied into the horn buttons on the steering wheel....)
                              You probably just burnt out the thing that the lighter goes in. I don't remember what we did when we did the aero, there was something about a light that goes in there that the universal ones don't have.

Comment

Working...
                              X