No announcement yet.

Fuse block?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sounds like time to take a stroll through the salvage yard and find some goodies!
    What happened here?

Comment

Well, figured out today that the cigarette light plug for my 3 way power outlets, (A small box with three lighter style electrical outlets on it), was bad... plugged in an new fuse, which blew the second it touched both contacts... So I disconnected the plug from the cigarette lighter plug, installed a new fuse... no problems... So I took the three way plug inside... And checked it with a meter.... it was dead shorted... On all three plugs... So I checked just the lighter plug, after cutting it off.. and it was shorted out... So a new plug will be put on.. and reinstalled in the car... Amazing! I would not have thought that it would be the problem... Since it doesn't get moved around or anything like that....

Agent Caitlin Todd… You know Tony, Statistics show that married men live longer…
      Agent Tony DiNozzo… It only seems longer….

http://www.tomspolicecars.com/

Comment

sometimes if there is a lot of current flow through those boxes they melt inside and short out. that cig fuse is rated at 20 amps , which is plenty of juice to melt things in a hurry. glad you got it figured out!
        What happened here?

Comment

Well the only thing on the "box" is the:

Computer charger (2 1/2 amps or so)
          My map / computer key board light (2 amps or so)
          And my SL 20 Streamlight charger (2 amps or so)
          And like I said, the problem was in the stupid plug...
          The plugs are not excactly the greatest made in the world...
          They are mostly cheap junk....

New plug going on it tommorow...

Tom...

Agent Caitlin Todd… You know Tony, Statistics show that married men live longer…
          Agent Tony DiNozzo… It only seems longer….

http://www.tomspolicecars.com/

Comment

Working...
          X