Front turn signals question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Front turn signals question

So I decided to swap my front turn signal bulbs from clear back to amber, but I notice my passenger side bulb is a lot less brighter then the driver side, thought it was due to the fact that i dropped the bulb before installing it, but after swapping it for a new one, the issue persists. Is there a problem with the socket? or a stripped wire somewhere?

4thPanther..03 MGM LS
    previous panthers: 87 MGM, 85 CV 2 DOOR, 89 MGM.

Check for a bad ground. While you have the parking lights on, put on the hazards/4-ways, and watch them. If they alternate, then you have a bad ground on the passenger side. If they don't alternate, then check for a bad/corroded conection in the socket.

Comment

Originally posted by PICKUP6772 View Post
      Check for a bad ground. While you have the parking lights on, put on the hazards/4-ways, and watch them. If they alternate, then you have a bad ground on the passenger side. If they don't alternate, then check for a bad/corroded conection in the socket.
      yea they dont alternate, hazards are fine. There is this yellow paste looking stuff inside the socket, i assumed it was like a conductive aid but i guess ill just clean the socket

thanks

4thPanther..03 MGM LS

Comment

well i put the old bulbs back on and problem fixed, turns out the old bulbs were part #1157, and the sold me 2357, funny thing is advanceautoparts.com also shows 2357 as the correct bulb? is their database incorrect? what bulbs are you guys using for your front turn signals?

4thPanther..03 MGM LS

Comment

I'm using 1157NA's. Yeah, that yellow stuff is an anti-corrosive. Messy as hell, but it works. BTW, that's my 89 in my avatar.

Comment

Originally posted by PICKUP6772 View Post
            I'm using 1157NA's. Yeah, that yellow stuff is an anti-corrosive. Messy as hell, but it works. BTW, that's my 89 in my avatar.
            i saw a bigger pick on your profile, very clean. I guess im sticking with my clear 1157s, i plan on painting the turn signal lens using that clear orange anyway..still debating it.

4thPanther..03 MGM LS

Comment

Gotta love those $200 parts cars. HEE HEE

Comment

2357 is the updated replacement for an 1157. I have absolutely no idea whats so much better about them, or how they're updated considering light bulb technology hasn't really come far in the past 50 years or so.
                86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

good question,one of the 2357s was way brighter than the other one,like it was stuck in turn signal mode, melted the socket a lil bit

4thPanther..03 MGM LS

Comment

Working...
                  X