Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wipers wont park when lever is put in park/off position.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where does the WCM live?
    sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

heres a pic of what the WCM looks like on your car. Located underneath the dash.

1982 Lincoln Continental Mark VI Bill Blass Designer Series 2-Door(Larisa)
      -Mods: HO Roller 302, GT40P Heads, Explorer Intakes, HO ECM(D9S), Autodimming w/compass and outside temp rearview mirror, Daniel Stern Lighting Mod, Dual Exhaust, 90's GM C/K Series Retractable Hood Light, Red Digital Dash Display, 92-94 White Leather Town Car Signature Cupholder Armrests, HPP Wheels, Police PS Cooler, Police Trans Cooler. More to come!!!!
      1998 Ford Explorer Limited 5.0 AWD(Fiona)-Mods: Lincoln Navigator THX Audio System, Ford Explorer Sport Instrument Cluster.

Comment

this has to be the problem because the governer also located in that box. Located to the left of the steering wheel. you may have to recline your seat all the way back and tilt all the way back to access it. If you want i can make a video on how to remove it.

-Mods: HO Roller 302, GT40P Heads, Explorer Intakes, HO ECM(D9S), Autodimming w/compass and outside temp rearview mirror, Daniel Stern Lighting Mod, Dual Exhaust, 90's GM C/K Series Retractable Hood Light, Red Digital Dash Display, 92-94 White Leather Town Car Signature Cupholder Armrests, HPP Wheels, Police PS Cooler, Police Trans Cooler. More to come!!!!
        1998 Ford Explorer Limited 5.0 AWD(Fiona)-Mods: Lincoln Navigator THX Audio System, Ford Explorer Sport Instrument Cluster.

Comment

Fucking cool. What is that diagram from? I'd love to get my hands on that kind of detailed stuff.
          sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

Originally posted by 1990LTD View Post
            Where does the WCM live?
            It's a little closer to the steering wheel on a '90+ I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by 1990LTD View Post
              Fucking cool. What is that diagram from? I'd love to get my hands on that kind of detailed stuff.
              A program called ALLDATA. I use it all the time at home and in the shop. Great program for diagnosing cars. It's used by most major Car dealership places. It's the #1 diagnostic program out there. It's better than mitchells by far. you may be able to find this pic on the internet too. Should i make vid of how to replace a WCM.

Comment

I had the thing removed already MattsGrandMarquis thanks. What I need help with is getting another one.
                ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

ok. i don't have an extra one. i got rid of my old messed up one was shit anyway. I don't plan on going to the junkyard anytime soon. I may go to the junkyard in a couple of weeks later to pick up a passenger side tailight as mine has a chip in it from fucking rocks, i will pick one up if i see one. you wouldn't mind paying for it right. it would be around $10 if i found one.

Comment

Yeah I would love it if you manage to find one. Just to make sure that it would function properly in my car be sure that the car you take it from has interval wipers.

Let me know before you go out to the yard because I *may* have found one by some chance already.

Of course I would pay for it lol.
                    ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Will do.

Comment

SUCCESS but not because of a new interval governor. I got a new one from Pete and it fucking did the same thing...sooo I was like WTF..and then my dad and I traced out the wore to the single wiper plug (i have the upgraded one) and the fuckig thing was not getting a ground internally. No spliced in a ground and all is well now. Hey I have a spare working interval governor!

Moral of the story....actually trace out the wires, dont just say that you will do it. lol
                        ~David~

Comment

Hold on to that wiper module though, you never know.

Comment

I am. I hoard parts.
                            ~David~

Comment

Glad you got it figured out.

I still need to work on mine, but every once in a while they do park.....(they are right now) and since I havn't had to use them.....well you get the idea.
                              Former panther owner
                              1981 CV 351 4bbl
                              1991 CV 302 EFI

Comment

Working...
                              X