Headlight doors wont close

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Headlight doors wont close

The Headlight doors on the mark VI used to close when the car was running and for about 3 mins after I shut the car off they would stay closed. But today I went to the car wash with it, and they where fine, then after I got the car cleand and wen't to pull out and the auto lamps came on since it was a bit dark in the car wash. Ever since then they won't close at all now, Any ideas?

1980 Lincoln Continental Mark VI Signature Series
    351 4 bbl, AOD, 3.08 open
    duel exhaust with cherry bombs

Originally posted by Grand_Marquis_LSS View Post
    The Headlight doors on the mark VI used to close when the car was running and for about 3 mins after I shut the car off they would stay closed. But today I went to the car wash with it, and they where fine, then after I got the car cleand and wen't to pull out and the auto lamps came on since it was a bit dark in the car wash. Ever since then they won't close at all now, Any ideas?
    Hmm, i dont know why. but something i would do is look for the in-line valve on the headlight vac lines, make sure they are closed. start checking from the right light till you get to the vac tree. making sure all the noids are workings. sounds like it went into "safe mode"

Comment

The headlight switch has a vacuum port on it. If that failed, or if the vacuum line to the front cracked they won't shut. They ought to stay closed for a few days, so there was definitely a leak already. trace out the vacuum hoses from the headlamp doors and you'll probably find the problem.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Ok got them to close again, Tap'd on the dash around the headlight switch and and i heard the thing make that hiss noise and the went down, must have been stuck.. I am going to look into where the leak is to so they stay down when the car is off

1980 Lincoln Continental Mark VI Signature Series
        351 4 bbl, AOD, 3.08 open
        duel exhaust with cherry bombs

Comment

Working...
        X