Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Later TPS.... Can it work?

Bear with me... I'm on my blackberry.

Anyways, the TB I got in trade from cadfan64 is off of I believe a 2000 5.0 Explorer, and it still has the tps on it. Can I use this TPS by simply upgrading my harness's plug, or will it simply not work? I'd assume it would work fine because both are 3 wire.

Any help is appreciated!
    '97 Cadillac Catera - 3.0 DOHC V6, 75k
    Soon... Any '95+ Panther!
    CLICK ME! Parts For Sale, SUPER CHEAP!!!

Yes, you can use the explorer tps as long as you change plugs. You'll have to cut and re-solder, the terminals going into the plugs are completely different. a diagram for which wires match is on this page. In fact, i found the explorer tps works better on that throttle body than a panther one, the little blade is a little narrower and can chew up the panther one. I use explorer tps's on both my cars. have to drill out the holes on the tps a little to set it perfectly but thats it.

1984 Grand Marquis GS - CFI-SEFI conversion, Explorer 302, GT40 intakes, GT40P heads, 1.7 roller rockers, HO Cam, ASP Underdrive Pulley, 2.5" Dual exhaust, Flowmaster Delta 50 mufflers, 3.55 Trac-Lock, Rear disk's, Moog cargo coils, ES rear poly bushings, PI front and rear sway bars, 3G alt., Mark VIII fan, custom Auto-meter dash
    1990 Crown Victoria Country Squire - Explorer 302, HO cam, dual exhaust, 3.55 Trac-Lock, PI rear sway bar (SOLD)
    1982 LTD Wagon (R.I.P.) -|-1984 Grand Marquis LS(R.I.P.)

Comment

Awesome. Another question...... Can I bore out my stock EGR spacer for the 65mm TB, or is that pushing it too much? I have 2 HO spacers, but they don't have the mounting bosses for the throttle cable bracket.

Comment

No you cannot bore it to 65mm. It has been tried before but leaked horribly against a explorer upper intake. 63mm is the tops a LOPO spacer can go and may seal up to the 65mm tb.
        Last edited by 87gtVIC; 06-04-2010, 03:07 PM.
        ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
        My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
        My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
        But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
        my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Dang... I may have to get creative with a HO spacer and figure a way to mount the throttle bracket another way.

Comment

you'd be better off fabricating a bracket to bolt under the studs on the HO throttle body that will allow the stock throttle bracket to bolt up. Re-routing the cables using Mark VII cables and looping them around the front can be done, but then you have these big cable loops sticking out the front of the motor.
            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Or you could get a lightning Egr spacer off of a mid '90s F-150 with the lightning 351w.

Comment

Working...
              X