Window Regulator Rattles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Window Regulator Rattles

After 24 years for my '86 Townie - you expect a few rattles ... and every time I close my door, it rattles.

So I took off the trim and found the problem. The regulator parts (Metal gears that make the window go up & down) are quite wobbly.

The pivot itself feels strong - but the gear piece has a lot of slop (towards trim/away from trim) in it.

My guess (???) is some sort of nylon washer that would keep things tight has given up after the many years. My workshop manual tells me how to remove & replace the mechanism (drill out 3 rivets, ...) but I am not sure removing will help me. [I am in Australia - no way to get a replacement].

Any hints or tricks?
    Rob the Aussie
    Photos
    Founding (and only) member of the CLIPPer Club.
    (Continuous Lincoln ImProvement Program).

Car: '86 Lincoln Town Car
    Engine: 302 Windsor

I've never had one apart, so I can't tell you what its supposed to have in there. I don't think the manual tells you anything about dissasembling the regulator so thats not much help either.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
    X