No announcement yet.

Fuel Flow Wire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oh you don't have the complete harness. Theres a whole harness that feeds that thing that just plugs into various factory connectors that are already in the car. They f'n suck to remove and install though. You can make your own with individual wires if you want, but I kinda like the factory plugin method. It looks, well, factory.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

so out of the wires on the cruise amplifier which one should i first test for to find which one is the speed sensor wire.

1982 Lincoln Continental Mark VI Bill Blass Designer Series 2-Door(Larisa)
      -Mods: HO Roller 302, GT40P Heads, Explorer Intakes, HO ECM(D9S), Autodimming w/compass and outside temp rearview mirror, Daniel Stern Lighting Mod, Dual Exhaust, 90's GM C/K Series Retractable Hood Light, Red Digital Dash Display, 92-94 White Leather Town Car Signature Cupholder Armrests, HPP Wheels, Police PS Cooler, Police Trans Cooler. More to come!!!!
      1998 Ford Explorer Limited 5.0 AWD(Fiona)-Mods: Lincoln Navigator THX Audio System, Ford Explorer Sport Instrument Cluster.

Comment

check your EVTM. It should have a pinout and color codes for what wire does what. I have no manuals that old. On an 86, its dark green/white but that may not mean anything on your car.
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

but it has to be one of those wires on the speed amplifier plugs right.

-Mods: HO Roller 302, GT40P Heads, Explorer Intakes, HO ECM(D9S), Autodimming w/compass and outside temp rearview mirror, Daniel Stern Lighting Mod, Dual Exhaust, 90's GM C/K Series Retractable Hood Light, Red Digital Dash Display, 92-94 White Leather Town Car Signature Cupholder Armrests, HPP Wheels, Police PS Cooler, Police Trans Cooler. More to come!!!!
          1998 Ford Explorer Limited 5.0 AWD(Fiona)-Mods: Lincoln Navigator THX Audio System, Ford Explorer Sport Instrument Cluster.

Comment

yes, but rather than guessing which one, you'd do yourself a favor and refer to the manual to find out which one. Pick the wrong one and you might smoke the tripminder.

Comment

i don't have manual.

Comment

well i plugged the tripminder and i am getting a reading from the AVG MPH. Does that mean i got the speed sensor wire right.

Comment

if its a realistic speed, then yes. Drive somewhere, reset the avg mph, and check to see if average shows about what your speedometer shows while driving.

BTW, get the manual.

Comment

well i do a constant speed of 40 mph and the tripminder read 22.5 mph.

Comment

this photo is from my alldata. I just don't understand electrical diagrams. someone help me out here.

Last edited by MattsLincoln; 06-20-2010, 12:52 PM.

Comment

Dark Green Wire is the VSS plus. There is also a black wire for the VSS negative. It's a ac voltage generator. This means that with more speed the voltage increases. You will need to tap into both of these wires for it to work properly. They should both be found on the speed amplifier control unit. On connector C609, so it's either the white connector or the black one. But they should both be on the same plug.

For ease of finding the wires you need, there's a connector to the left of the amplifier (closer to the emergency brake pedal) It's gray, square, with a black, and a green white wire on it. It actually has a place for a 3rd wire (Fuel flow). These are the VSS wires that you need.

To check if the wires you're tapped into now are the right ones, go at a certain speed, and then reset the average mph while still going at the same speed, if they match up, or are really close, you got the right wires, if not, you'll have to start over...

Comment

dark green / white is the wire you need. It should be one of the wires in that little 2 wire plug just below the speed amplifier module.

Comment

now to think of it there was this little grey plug with only two wires coming out of it hanging below the cruise amplifier. The colors of the wires were black and green one. not dark green but just green.

Comment

Originally posted by MattsGrandMarquis View Post
                              now to think of it there was this little grey plug with only two wires coming out of it hanging below the cruise amplifier. The colors of the wires were black and green one. not dark green but just green.
                              That's the connector. it's dark green as compared to the lighter greens that ford uses. It should have 3 sockets in the connector. Two being used by the existing wires Green/White (VSS +) Black (VSS -), and an empty socket that would be used by the fuel flow wire.

Comment

dark green = green, light green = lime color.

Comment

Working...
                                X