Mystery coolant leak solved.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mystery coolant leak solved.

well for a month now i had a coolant leak somewhere on my passenger side as it would splash coolant on my nice chrome valve cover and air cleaner. So today i replaced all the heater hoses that the previous owner didnt replace he only replaced a few. Also found out my Heater control valve cracked at the base causing it to leak when i touch it to see if it was cracked it just broke apart on me. Got a new one for $33. Now the leak is fixed. Hasn't leaked yet. the new hoses are red and they stand out when you open the hood. Pics in a few.

1982 Lincoln Continental Mark VI Bill Blass Designer Series 2-Door(Larisa)
    -Mods: HO Roller 302, GT40P Heads, Explorer Intakes, HO ECM(D9S), Autodimming w/compass and outside temp rearview mirror, Daniel Stern Lighting Mod, Dual Exhaust, 90's GM C/K Series Retractable Hood Light, Red Digital Dash Display, 92-94 White Leather Town Car Signature Cupholder Armrests, HPP Wheels, Police PS Cooler, Police Trans Cooler. More to come!!!!
    1998 Ford Explorer Limited 5.0 AWD(Fiona)-Mods: Lincoln Navigator THX Audio System, Ford Explorer Sport Instrument Cluster.

heres pics

-Mods: HO Roller 302, GT40P Heads, Explorer Intakes, HO ECM(D9S), Autodimming w/compass and outside temp rearview mirror, Daniel Stern Lighting Mod, Dual Exhaust, 90's GM C/K Series Retractable Hood Light, Red Digital Dash Display, 92-94 White Leather Town Car Signature Cupholder Armrests, HPP Wheels, Police PS Cooler, Police Trans Cooler. More to come!!!!
    1998 Ford Explorer Limited 5.0 AWD(Fiona)-Mods: Lincoln Navigator THX Audio System, Ford Explorer Sport Instrument Cluster.

Comment

those thermal blower lockout switches are fail......especially the non oem ones.......dont rev the motor too high, it will blow apart with fury lol.......we have been ripping those out for a number of years now......all it does is keeps the fan from coming on when the coolant is cold.

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
      2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
      1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
      1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
      2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
      1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

hows the hoses look. don't they look nice and new and clean. There premium Heavy duty heater hoses.

Comment

good to hear its fixed...and they look great, nowww clean the rest of you engine compartment!! lol
          -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

Originally posted by Lincolnmania View Post
            those thermal blower lockout switches are fail......especially the non oem ones.......dont rev the motor too high, it will blow apart with fury lol.......we have been ripping those out for a number of years now......all it does is keeps the fan from coming on when the coolant is cold.
            Is that the thing pictured in the 1st pic?
            And is it an ATC only thing? (I don't have ATC)
            Former panther owner
            1981 CV 351 4bbl
            1991 CV 302 EFI

Comment

Originally posted by andymac0035 View Post
              Is that the thing pictured in the 1st pic?
              And is it an ATC only thing? (I don't have ATC)

yes that is the thing pictured in the 1st pic. I have manual ac

Comment

Originally posted by Brown_Muscle View Post
                good to hear its fixed...and they look great, nowww clean the rest of you engine compartment!! lol

please give some tips on what you use to clean what pats of the engine. i want to make it good for car shows.

Comment

that's all that thing is for? hmm...

how would one bypass it?

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                  rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Originally posted by gadget73
                  ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.

Originally posted by dmccaig
                  Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Because they often dont work, and as a result give you no heat at all.
                    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by MattsGrandMarquis View Post
                      yes that is the thing pictured in the 1st pic. I have manual ac
                      you do not have manual controls. You have a blower lockout, which only exists on automatic climate control cars.It is not a heater control valve. Those don't exist on panthers.

BTW, one of the hoses you replaced is not a heater hose. Its the air injection system to the back of the heads.
                      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

wierd how can you tell the difference from th manual and atc ones. the faceplate doesnt say automatic climate control and my temperature adjustment lever is controlled by a metal string lever thingy. did my car originally have atc and someone put in a manual air conditioning.

Comment

Originally posted by MattsGrandMarquis View Post
                          please give some tips on what you use to clean what pats of the engine. i want to make it good for car shows.
                          http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...ing+engine+bay

NJOI!
                          "Shakedown"- 1991 Grand Marquis GS Dual exhaust, Magnaflow xl turbos, Rear anti sway bar, Outlaw 1 wheels, 43k miles
                          1985 GMC 1500

Comment

ok i got a pic of both air conditioning units for a 1983 mercury grand marquis.

Tell me which is which Auto and manual

Comment

one with temp numbers is auto...
                              "Shakedown"- 1991 Grand Marquis GS Dual exhaust, Magnaflow xl turbos, Rear anti sway bar, Outlaw 1 wheels, 43k miles
                              1985 GMC 1500

Comment

Working...
                              X