? LEDs in exterior lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

? LEDs in exterior lights

I think I've read on here that you can't just pop LED bulbs in the signals, cornering lamps, brake lights etc without first making some sort of modification to their circuits.

Anyone know what this is about or am I remembering nonsense? I would like to use LEDs in everything that's not a headlight if possible.
    Last edited by 1990LTD; 07-31-2010, 10:41 AM.
    sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

I seem to remember something about going to an elctronic flasher, so they will flash... because the LED lights don't draw enough power to make the flashers work.

Here is a page about conversion questions from the company I bought my dash LED's from:
    Super Bright LEDs is one of the largest online retailers of LED lighting for commercial and residential uses. Enjoy free/same-day shipping on qualifying orders!

This should help...

Agent Caitlin Todd… You know Tony, Statistics show that married men live longer…
    Agent Tony DiNozzo… It only seems longer….

http://www.tomspolicecars.com/

Comment

Go for it. Electronic flasher as mentioned if you are changing all the signal bulbs, there is a thread in here specifally about that flasher, its in the thread title so you should be able to find it quick enough.

Alex.

Comment

Working...
      X