question for the Canadians

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

question for the Canadians

For any of you Canadians with digital Lincoln speedometers, do they read higher than 85 mph?
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

im not 100% sure but, years back we had my bros town car out on the hiway in the fast lane pretty quick like and i think it did go higher than 85mph. i should try it again to be sure. i know my buddies old 91 caddy did lol

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
    1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
    1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
    2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
    2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Find out for me if you would. Theres a fair chance I'm not going to swap mine over to digital, but if I can make that read over 85 with a Canadian version I'll do it.
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I'm pretty sure they do. A cabbie comes into my store regularly, he drives a 97 TC with all of the bells and whistles. I'll ask him.
        sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

sorry, I should have specified. I'm asking specifically about the 80s Towncar and Mark VI digital dash. I keep forgetting there are newer models that people actually drive

Comment

ah. Still know a few guys with box TCs, but I don't know if they've got the digital clusters. I will report my findings
            sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

Is the Canadian digital dash different? I know in my brothers 88 town car with the digital dash, there is a button to switch the speedo from miles to kilometers. The message center also changes when you push the button to kilometers till empty instead of miles till empty, and kilometers per liter instead of miles per gallon. I am also almost 100% sure that it read over 85 mph (i know that it reads well over 100 Kilometers per hour as I switched it over just to see what it would do when I was going about 70 mph).

Comment

i dont think the digital speedos are diffrent but, at what speed does the VSS stop reading?lol im almost certain we got my bros town car up to 100MPH once.

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
                1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
                1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
                2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
                2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

According to my Mark VI owners manual the speedo reads up to 85 MPH or 136 kph, And its a canadian car.

1980 Lincoln Continental Mark VI Signature Series
                  351 4 bbl, AOD, 3.08 open
                  duel exhaust with cherry bombs

Comment

It must have been a newer town car that I saw it in.
                    sigpic

Comment

Probably reads at least to 100mph. Canadian cv/gm speedos read to 160kph. (100mph) vs the U.S. 85mph speedo. An '89 crown vic speedo reads to 180kph wayyyy to the right of the sunrise (mph are only marked to 100).

Alex.

Comment

found out today, the aero TCs do go past 100. not that it matters in the discussion at this point haha.

late model box canadian speedometers go to 120mph, 200kph. i've got a cv and a gm and both do
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LTD86 View Post
                          Is the Canadian digital dash different?
                          thats what I'm trying to find out. If it only goes to 85, then its not different than what we got here. I know they do english/metric with the button but if it doesn't go over 85, I'm not going to see about having parts imported.

Comment

Working...
                          X