Need: Brake light wire diagram for 82 Mark VI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need: Brake light wire diagram for 82 Mark VI

Anyone got this? The one I got has an afterthought high-mount brake lamp and I want to wire it to the brake switch (well... a relay from said switch) so it won't be blinking with the left blinker.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.

Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

just take a test light to both connections on the brake light switch to find out which is the brake light side. then just tap a wire to it and to the brake light. why not remove the thing? they are ugly lol

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
    1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
    1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
    2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
    2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

I would remove the thing... but then you'd see all the holes in the rear dash carpet. So I'm gonna leave it. Will the switch leg from the brake switch hold the current for 3 1141 bulbs?

edit: also want to keep it because lots of idiot drivers don't understand that cars have tail lights for brakes other than that high mount one.
      Last edited by sly; 08-05-2010, 09:52 PM.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Comment

of course I could put my "ROB the robot" brake light in there like I did when I had the Pontiac Parisienne
        Attached Files

Comment

ok... broke out the multimeter and went to town on the car. the connector going to the brake peddle switch has hot in at top and out at the bottom. Tapped that line and ran it down the driver side channel then behind the rear arm rest and into the trunk where the other wire was waiting to be connected. Soldered the join in the trunk but used a line tap crimp on the brake peddle switch. Works like a champ. Flashes with the hazards but not the blinkers so that will work for me. 104F with a heat index of 114F. Even in the shade of the garage, it was rough. Went through a half gallon of Gatorade.

Comment

Working...
          X