Faulty Headlight/Indicator Stalk Switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Faulty Headlight/Indicator Stalk Switch

Hi, the headlight/indicator stalk switch assembly in my 88 CP is shot,I think. every time I flick the stalk down to indicate a turn the headlights go off ! This doesn't happen in high beam, but I cant keep driving in high beam. I live in Saudi so parts for a 1988 car are hard to come by. Can anyone tell me where to source this stalk switch assembly in the US so I can get a friend to buy it there?
    Thanks
    sigpic1988 Colony Park

You should be able to buy one at any parts store, or you may be able to get one at a dealership.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

the turn signal switch or headlight dimmer switch is what you're looking for (depending on what parts site you're digging through).

Part number is UDS432 at Autozone.
      us$41 lifetime warranty (though you'd have to return it to an Autozone to get it replaced).

$50+ at Oreillyauto with a one year warranty... Napa has it for $42 with a one year warranty (part number MPE DL6201SB)

That's about all I have in my area.

From a dealer you're looking at ...
      Turn signal and hazard switch, all models 87-91 MSRP: $77.98 Price: $60.83
      Dealer prices may vary. I'm in Texas and dealers in other states/cities may have different prices.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Originally posted by gadget73
      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.

Originally posted by dmccaig
      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

I don't know how far back you can go by year, but mine is from a 84 Lic. I have a 89.
        89 CV LX 225/60 x 16 tires, CC819 rear springs, Front & rear sway bar, trans & PS cooler from 90 cop car. KYB shocks, F-150 on rear. Dual Exhaust w/ H pipe. Dark brown door panels, carpet, steering wheel, trim parts from a 87 Mer GM. Power front buckets from 96 Jeep Cherokee. LED'S front & rear. 3G Alt from a 97 Taurus wagon 3.0. Electric fan. Rear axle from a 97 PI 3.27 with disk brakes. Headlight relays.

Comment

OK, Thanks a lot guys. I should be able to get it easily enough now.
          sigpic1988 Colony Park

Comment

Working...
          X