New VC Gaskets = NO HEAT!!...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New VC Gaskets = NO HEAT!!...?

Well, I finally bit the bullet and changed my leaky valve cover gaskets...Nice, new Fel-Pro's.... Changed the PCV Valve/Grommet/Filter while I was at it...

I was so proud...

Now, I don't have ANY heat!

Just cool air blowing on all the settings...

So what did I do....Bump and crack/dislodge a vacuum line somewhere, or something more serious?

Any ideas as to what I might have done?

Thanks Guys,

-Jon
    1988 Crown Victoria LX -124,000 miles and slowly reviving!
    "We are monkeys with money and guns." - Tom Waits

Could have broken one of the vac hoses, but I would think that you would notice running problems with that as well. The only coolant hoses involved in upper intake removal are the ones going to the EGR spacer...check all of those out
    sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

That's my best thought. Must be an ATC car (hate it when people don't specify ...) and the vacuum line for the automatic blend door came loose.
      2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

no vacuum for ATC gives full heat. My vote is on a pinched coolant hose or low coolant level. If its ATC, the interior temperature sensor could have chosen this moment to give up. They do sometimes fail in such a way that you get no heat.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

ATC sounds like poison
          sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

Originally posted by 1990LTD View Post
            ATC sounds like poison
            Bad poison. I forced my ATC into submission with a stick (AKA the correctly sized limb from a tree just perfect to jam open the blend door).

My car defaulted to cool and I never found the problem (like that when I bought it), so the stick had to be used.

Anyway, did you somehow manage to mess with the vacuum tree on the firewall? Possibly hit it and crack it?
            1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
            1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
            Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
            Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

If the system stays cold, its the interior temperature sensor leaking and pulling full vacuum on the blend door servo. ATC is very simple as long as you understand that its a fundamentally retarded system. Its quite easy to make it operate more or less as designed, but it really is a convoluted way of doing things.
              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                no vacuum for ATC gives full heat.
                Meh, one of those.
                2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Thanks for the responses guys.

Yup, my car has the goddamned ATC. (Sorry for not clarifying)

I'm pretty sure I didn't bump the vacuum tree on the firewall, but I may have displaced the coolant hose running to the heater core...Standing and looking under the hood this morning, I didn't see any hoses that were obviously pinched/kinked, but the hose running to the heater core looks like it is hanging lower than it was previously....

I was pretty carefull (I thought), but there is a lot of crap under the hood of these cars!
                  I'll check the coolant to, just in case it's low....If none of this pans out, maybe the IT sensor is the culprit..

-Jon

Comment

open the glovebox and pull the clear vacuum hose off the gold can. If you get heat, you need a new interior temperature sensor.

Comment

As always, thanks Gadget!

I'll check it out in the AM.

-Jon

Comment

Working...
                      X