No announcement yet.

Need to know how to remove 3g alt pulley

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ahh. I understand. I am quite spoiled having a father that is a mechanic. We have many tools! There is no way I would even be on this site if it wasn't for my father. Just no way I could afford to pay for tool and then try and do things myself. I have saved so much money over the years by having him help me out.
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

I have enough tools to do most things... the usual tools... sockets, wrenches, a couple torque wrenches, impact tool, timing kit, drill, saws-all... Nothing for major invasion though (cherry picker, etc). What I really want is a drill press and bench grinder. All in due time I'm sure.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
      Originally posted by dmccaig
      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

don't feel bad, I've got fuck all for tools. I have to borrow an impact wrench when I need it
        sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

no bad feelings here... I'm just glad I have a house of my own with a garage that I can do this stuff in, rain or shine.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
          rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Comment

A tap and die set is very handy, though I'm learning that unless you spend decent coin on one, the taps are more useful for cleaning threads out than actually making them.
            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
              A tap and die set is very handy, though I'm learning that unless you spend decent coin on one, the taps are more useful for cleaning threads out than actually making them.
              I've heard this more than once. If you want a set to last past the first quarter inch... gonna have to open the wallet a lot wider.

Comment

Working...
              X