Problems...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problems...

So, went to pick up my car from a detail shop today and when I went to start it just clicked so I thought dead battery had extra one in car put it in and started up but I noticed three things. One being that my auto head lights don't work. Two my low beams wont work unless my high beams are and third my Blower controls only work on high and seem to stay in defrost...Whats wrongs with it?
    sigpic
    1986 Crown Victoria 302 Cold Air,Mac Shorty headers, Full Dual Exhaust with Super Forty Flows, Wagon Suspension with a Full Sound System Replacement 1/4 time 17.486 @ 77.43mph

vacuum line for the defrost issue....
    resistor for the blower

The lights....maybe the headlight switch?
    Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

Sounds like they got overzealous with cleaning the engine bay. With some luck it'll clear up. Worst case, you have a lot of toasted electrical connectors to deal with. Might as well start with the blower resistor and see what kind of condition its in, and how the connector has fared.

Alex.

Comment

water in all the wrong places!!!!!!!!!! sounds like the first thing you need is a BIG blow drier, then start checking electrical connectors!!!!
        '88' MGM wagon (mine and my sons toy)
        "60" chrysler New Yorker (my project)
        "78" Chevy 1 Ton P/U (yard horse)
        "01" Ford Explorer (wifes DD)
        "93" Chevy Suburban (my DD)

Comment

take all the connections off the starter relay, clean them, and put them back on. Clean the battery cables too. See if that fixes anything. Most likely something got wet though. If thats the case, most of the time just driving around will cook it dry.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

well from what one of the non english speaking workers told me that one of the workers had the battery charger on backwards for 2 seconds and than realized and unplugged it...hoping maybe just some fuses
            sigpic
            1986 Crown Victoria 302 Cold Air,Mac Shorty headers, Full Dual Exhaust with Super Forty Flows, Wagon Suspension with a Full Sound System Replacement 1/4 time 17.486 @ 77.43mph

Comment

Originally posted by 83countrysquire View Post
              well from what one of the non english speaking workers told me that one of the workers had the battery charger on backwards for 2 seconds and than realized and unplugged it...hoping maybe just some fuses
              '79 Continental Town Car
              '90 Crown Victoria LTD
              '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

unless it's an OLD charger... it should sense if the connections are not correct. The charger I have does that. It's only 6 months old though.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Originally posted by gadget73
                ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.

Originally posted by dmccaig
                Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

sounds like they should foot the bill to fix it then!!!!!!!! OR ELSE!!!!!!!!!!!
                  '88' MGM wagon (mine and my sons toy)
                  "60" chrysler New Yorker (my project)
                  "78" Chevy 1 Ton P/U (yard horse)
                  "01" Ford Explorer (wifes DD)
                  "93" Chevy Suburban (my DD)

Comment

Working...
                  X