Panel vents blow at all times on my Mark VI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panel vents blow at all times on my Mark VI

already swapped out the vacuum selector (Blend door lever actuator aka old ATC brain) and that's not it. My 88 has the same part number. I shorted the heater sensor connector so it would blow out the floor for a quick test and no change. Blew out the floor as well. The panel vents never close off unless I pull the vacuum hose from the big fat actuator behind the glove box. I'm stumped. Need someone who knows more about ATC than I do to help with this one.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.

Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

also... if someone has the HVAC diagrams that would be awesome. Then I could trace it out for sure.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Comment

does it sorta-almost feel like its changing when you move the selector around? When my air doors were broken, shifting things from defrost to dash to floor changed airflow out of the dash a little bit, but not enough to really matter. To get defrost, I had to close all the dash vents, and it still barely worked. I wouldn't be too surprised if the air doors inside the plenum box have broken like mine did. It uses a plastic "hinge" which is basically just a crimp in the plastic where it bends. Eventually it just bends so many times that it splits, and then the end just flops around instead of sealing where its supposed to. I had to pull the air plenum assembly out, drill all the rivets to split the case apart, then use small hardware store hinges and a little creative hacking to re-attach things.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

blows gale force when set on panel... splits panel and whatever else you set. Panel never shuts off. Everything else blows to some degree though. BUT... when I unplugged the big vacuum actuator that sits behind the glove box, the panel shut and I got heat out the floor. What controls the blend door? It seems that's the hang up in the system. Do you think that the hose to the cabin temp sensor might be the cause?

Comment

there are like 5 doors in the system. The hot/cold blend door from the cabin temp sensor, the fresh/recirc door over near the right kick panel, and the 3 doors in the plenum to control where air goes. They don't really interconnect so I have no idea why messing with the temperature blend door vacuum line would change where the air comes out. Those 3 are pretty much centered behind the radio.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

yeah... that's what's buggin me too. like a dead mouse floating around in there or something. I do NOT want to take that crap apart. I'll check the temp sensor hose and see if it's all where it should be.

Comment

just checked... temp hose was off. connector at the wall is broken... gonna have to figure out a way to glue it on.

Comment

Working...
              X