No announcement yet.

Air Bag Light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

6 is usually the clockspring. Theres a series of tests, but basically you first remove the airbag and jumper across the connector. If that doesn't fix it, you unplug the clockspring and jumper across the connector there. If no joy, its something either between the connector at the column and bomb module, or the bomb module is braindead. My Mark has this problem randomly, and I cannot find any wiring faults. I'm pretty sure the bomb brain is braindead, but I haven't gotten around to digging it out of the dash to open up for inspection.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by Morris View Post
      This morning when I fired up my car, my air bag light continued to blink slowly, until I cycled power. I assume it's a code for something. Thought perhaps my air bag failed a check on startup.
      Originally posted by MattsGrandMarquis View Post
      is there a way i can do that code search on a 1983 grand marquis with cfi.
      Originally posted by pantera77 View Post
      I don't even
      Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
      Find me an 83 Grand Marquis with an airbag, and I'll tell you how to get codes out of it.
      Hammer?
      Originally posted by MattsGrandMarquis View Post
      no i am talking about just a self test to make sure there are no codes stored in the ecm. Not an airbag test. i know my car wasnt available with an airbag. i dont know where to buy a eec iii test tool for the lousy plug there.
      I will get to you in a minute
      Originally posted by 91waggin View Post
      :lol:

Matt, please read where you're posting. It's been covered in many other threads that you can't do shit with EEC-III.

This is an air bag thread. Says air bag light in the fucking title dude.

I have a pretty EFI harness, intake, injectors, sensors and computer that would give you delight in the easiness of extracting codes.
      /thread jack

My buddy has a '91 with that code as well. The funny thing was is that the air bag still went off during an accident he got into with it. The air bag sprained his hand. He had gotten more harm than good out of the bomb bag in the steering wheel. Disconnect it before you get hurt too...
      Last edited by 86VickyLX; 01-07-2011, 07:02 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X