Box headlight output upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Box headlight output upgrade

When I put my 3G alt in I will also put in a relay system from painless performance products via summit racing. http://www.painlessperformance.com/w...rchField=30802http://www.summitracing.com/parts/PRF-30802/
    I know it is for brand C but I will adapt it to the 1990 Grand Marquis. It will run all 6 filaments when high beans are selected. I am sure it will beat holding the turn signal/headlight stalk back to get all the 6filament to light up. I may later upgrade my high beam only head lights to after market European H1 halogen head lights to get more distance. I may even do this to 2 older Ford/Mercury which already have all European 4 halogen headlight systems with relay for 4 filaments.

Hi, wrong forum.

Relaying the headlights are a great idea, they do add to the brightness of the stock headlights...
    Though I don't really see a point in running all of the filaments at the same time. It doesn't make it that much brighter.
    Last edited by 86VickyLX; 01-07-2011, 02:42 PM.

Comment

Moved to correct forum.
      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
      my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

"86VickyLX replied :Wave: Hi, wrong forum."

Okay "86VickyLX" you say this is the wrong forum. Please tell me the correct forum inside GMN so I may post appropriately. Your help is appreciated.

I Like FE 1990 CV 1991 GM 1990 GM daily driver

Comment

Boxes 79-91. anything after that goes in the aero/whale section. No biggie.. I took care of it mang.
          ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
          My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
          My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
          But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
          my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

The relays will help a lot. Running all 6 filaments is generally bad for headlight life, but if you have old lamps, replacing them even with new stock types will help. The bulbs dim over time, and while more voltage (relay kit) helps a lot, once the bulbs start to dim, they never come back. The dimness actually comes from the tungsten in the filament boiling off and being deposited on the inside of the glass, making the glass turn black-silver. The filament is just as bright, but its got that dark filter to pass through so you don't see it.
            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
            X