Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Price?

Hey guys,
    Would anyone happen to know or have an idea what a HVAC Plenum in my 86 MGM CP would be to replace? Starting to get colder and would be nice to have heat....as some of you probably remember, a year or so ago, my heater core went out and had to be replaced. I shouldve had 88grandmarquis do look @ the car from the start. Any and all help will be appreciated.
    1986 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park A.K.A "Christine"TRADED.......Gone to a better home hopefully.

2009 Ford Taurus SEL New DD

Why do you need the hvac plenum? If the heater core has been replaced, you should have heat. If you do not, and its automatic temperature control, its probably got a bad interior temperature sensor, which you can work around by unhooking a vacuum line. If its manual controls, then about the only reason it would not have heat is the cable is disconnected or somehow, someone broke the blend door.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

2 of holders, molded into the ABS plastic, for the metal studs that hold the heater box to the firewall are broken and the heater box will not seal correctly.

the car has heat, but the blower motor will not circulate air, because there is no seal.
      I have tried to epoxy the studs in place, it didn't hold. He needs to replace the heater box.
      Last edited by 88grandmarq; 01-09-2011, 12:27 PM.
      2003 Town Car Signature - 3.27 RAR, Dual exhaust and J-mod - SOLD 9/2011
      89 Crown Victoria LX HPP -- SOLD 9/2010
      88 Grand Marquis LS - The Original -- Totaled 5/2006

I rebuild AOD/AODE/4R70W/4R75E transmissions....Check out my Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/North...48414635312478

Comment

oh, neat. Yeah that would be a good reason. ATC or non-ATC? They are slightly different as we discovered.
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

that'd be a JY pull for sure. No way you are going to find that new.
          Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

its an non-ATC car.

I knew it would have to come from a junk yard. just need to find time and have some decent weather.

Until now, I have never heard of or known anyone to have to replace a heater box.
            2003 Town Car Signature - 3.27 RAR, Dual exhaust and J-mod - SOLD 9/2011
            89 Crown Victoria LX HPP -- SOLD 9/2010
            88 Grand Marquis LS - The Original -- Totaled 5/2006

I rebuild AOD/AODE/4R70W/4R75E transmissions....Check out my Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/North...48414635312478

Comment

wagonman may actually have one of those. I think he provided one for Donald's wagon before. I forget why we needed it though.

Comment

Working...
              X