Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1989 Town Car Digital CLuster Install in a 1983 Grand Marquis.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1989 Town Car Digital CLuster Install in a 1983 Grand Marquis.

there dashboard layout is very similar and with few modifications this looks like it can work in a box gm. can you guys tell how i would go installing this.

1982 Lincoln Continental Mark VI Bill Blass Designer Series 2-Door(Larisa)
    -Mods: HO Roller 302, GT40P Heads, Explorer Intakes, HO ECM(D9S), Autodimming w/compass and outside temp rearview mirror, Daniel Stern Lighting Mod, Dual Exhaust, 90's GM C/K Series Retractable Hood Light, Red Digital Dash Display, 92-94 White Leather Town Car Signature Cupholder Armrests, HPP Wheels, Police PS Cooler, Police Trans Cooler. More to come!!!!
    1998 Ford Explorer Limited 5.0 AWD(Fiona)-Mods: Lincoln Navigator THX Audio System, Ford Explorer Sport Instrument Cluster.

Have you tried to physically bolt one in? You will need an EVTM and donor harness.

Comment

Oh god lol. You'll need more than a donor harness...

Comment

Originally posted by 86VickyLX View Post
        Oh god lol. You'll need more than a donor harness...
        But you will need a donor harness. The EVTM will show what else you need....... Do you know if it use ECM feeds? I don't have time top look right now.

Comment

no i have not physically bolted in one becuase i want to know if it would work before ripping it out of the junkyard town car with only 16,000 miles on it. i have wiring diagrams what else do i need from it besides the cluster and harness.

-Mods: HO Roller 302, GT40P Heads, Explorer Intakes, HO ECM(D9S), Autodimming w/compass and outside temp rearview mirror, Daniel Stern Lighting Mod, Dual Exhaust, 90's GM C/K Series Retractable Hood Light, Red Digital Dash Display, 92-94 White Leather Town Car Signature Cupholder Armrests, HPP Wheels, Police PS Cooler, Police Trans Cooler. More to come!!!!
          1998 Ford Explorer Limited 5.0 AWD(Fiona)-Mods: Lincoln Navigator THX Audio System, Ford Explorer Sport Instrument Cluster.

Comment

Definitely Mercracer.

Matt, if you're doing the entire cluster, including digital displays for fuel, and stuff, you'll need a different sending unit in the tank, there's a control module for the message center also. There's probably more stuff, but off hand I can't think of any.

Comment

Originally posted by MattsGrandMarquis View Post
              ...i have wiring diagrams what else do i need from it besides the cluster and harness.
              What does your wiring diagram say?

Comment

Gadget and I touched on this a while back. Matt where would you mount the button panel the Townies have?

Clicky
                2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
                2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
                Past Panthers
                1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
                if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

Originally posted by tjc78 View Post
                  Gadget and I touched on this a while back. Matt where would you mount the button panel the Townies have?

Clicky
                  That's what I'm wondering too. Towncar Dash Swap?

Comment

depending how much you want to install, this is either easy or really goddamn difficult. The speedo and fuel gauge are simple. Speedo needs power, ground, an input from the dash lights, and the cable to operate. Fuel gauge has power, ground, dash lights, and the wire from the sender. Sender itself is different, so you have to swap the bit in the tank from one in a digital Towncar. The message center, thats the bitch. There is a massive bundle of wiring for it, and it interfaces with all of the lighting circuits, along with the idiot light sensors, the keypad, and the actual display unit. If you're not looking to do the message center, look up FatNasty's threads because he did this swap into his 84. If you want to do a message center, God help you.
                    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

someone needs to just buy a lincoln that comes with the digital cluster installed

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
                      1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
                      1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
                      2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
                      2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                        depending how much you want to install, this is either easy or really goddamn difficult. The speedo and fuel gauge are simple. Speedo needs power, ground, an input from the dash lights, and the cable to operate. Fuel gauge has power, ground, dash lights, and the wire from the sender. Sender itself is different, so you have to swap the bit in the tank from one in a digital Towncar. The message center, thats the bitch. There is a massive bundle of wiring for it, and it interfaces with all of the lighting circuits, along with the idiot light sensors, the keypad, and the actual display unit. If you're not looking to do the message center, look up FatNasty's threads because he did this swap into his 84. If you want to do a message center, God help you.

basically all i want to do for now is get the whole cluster and all it's wiring and modules. put the lincoln cluster in and have only the speedometer and fuel gauge work at the moment. that will allow me time to figure out on routing the message center up when i am ready for that.

Comment

Working...
                        X