Remote wire near trunk, for amp?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remote wire near trunk, for amp?

for cars that didn't have the OEM amp behind the back seat cushion or in the trunk (wherever it was placed), is there still a provision in the wiring harness that runs back there for a remote feed wire that would turn the amp on when the OEM head unit was powered on? Just asking so I might not have to run a single wire back from my new head unit. No big deal if there's not one, but thinking that someone might know.
    95 DGM Impala SS, 383, LT4 cnc heads, LT4 matched intake, Holley 58 mm t/body, GM 846 cam, GMPP 1.5 rr's, F-body MAF, BH OBD I PCM, LT4 knock module, K&N cold air, Edelbrock headers, Flowmaster exhaust, BBHP #73 6-speed, 4:10 gear, sloted and drilled rotors, Z28 cluster
    96 Buick Roadmaster Limited Wagon, mostly stock
    77 Ford F150, 400M auto, longbed
    98 Suburban LS 5.7L Vortec, stock
    90 Grand Marquis, stock

Originally posted by alchemist View Post
    for cars that didn't have the OEM amp behind the back seat cushion or in the trunk (wherever it was placed), is there still a provision in the wiring harness that runs back there for a remote feed wire that would turn the amp on when the OEM head unit was powered on? Just asking so I might not have to run a single wire back from my new head unit. No big deal if there's not one, but thinking that someone might know.
    The 90? I think it uses the same harness between JBL and non JBL cars. Now why this is good is that there's a wire they use to power the amp for the JBL, and one to power the stock premium sound amp. So if you're using aftermarket stuff, you can use either they yellow/green wire, or the yellow wire in your amp harness to make it work.

Comment

thanks. I searched the trunk and can't find the harness. There's a small harness that travels up near the base of trunk close to back seat. Looks like it includes the electrical connection for the fuel pump too.
      95 DGM Impala SS, 383, LT4 cnc heads, LT4 matched intake, Holley 58 mm t/body, GM 846 cam, GMPP 1.5 rr's, F-body MAF, BH OBD I PCM, LT4 knock module, K&N cold air, Edelbrock headers, Flowmaster exhaust, BBHP #73 6-speed, 4:10 gear, sloted and drilled rotors, Z28 cluster
      90 Grand Marquis, stock

Comment

Towards the middle of the back seat, sits the black amp for the radio (if it had an amplified radio). There should be like a 16 pin connector there.

Comment

mine didn't have the amp though, that was the question I was asking. Even though mine didn't have an amp at all, would they have still run that connector?
          90 Grand Marquis, stock

Comment

sometimes they did... other times they didn't. guess it depends on what was put together that day.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
            rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Originally posted by gadget73
            ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.

Originally posted by dmccaig
            Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

to be honest an amp turn on wire from the deck would be ideal, as most headunits have a soft turn on technology, so it doesnt "pop" when turning the amp on.
              89 townie, mild exhuast up grades, soon to have loud ass stereo....

Comment

Working...
              X