No announcement yet.

atc purple line-vac diverter valve turquoise line-thermal blower lockout switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cool! Thanks, Jay!! What is the best way to check for leaks? Seems like the line going in looks "sealed on". Does it come off to test/change units or is it one piece?

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

"NEVER trade your passion for glory"!! Sal "the Bard" (Dear Old Dad!)

"Cars are for driving - PERIOD! I DON'T TEXT, TWEET OR TWERK!!!!"

Comment

yeah... it just pulls off. You'll probably have to give it a good twist to break the "I've been sitting here for 20 years" seal between the rubber and metal.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Originally posted by gadget73
      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.

Originally posted by dmccaig
      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

I checked my can and it was good, but what I missed was the hole in the hose behind the brake booster leading to the can.

If the atc works fine and stays on properly when you are going up a long hill everything is OK, do not touch the lines.

So far I have fixed 5 things and still have not gotten to the end.
        03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
        02 SL500 Silver Arrow
        08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
        12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

May be frustrating but just think - you now have fixed 5 problems more than when you started!

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

"NEVER trade your passion for glory"!! Sal "the Bard" (Dear Old Dad!)

"Cars are for driving - PERIOD! I DON'T TEXT, TWEET OR TWERK!!!!"

Comment

Hi All,

After one pair of hemostats snaped and rigging up a small set of needle nose vise grips with rubber hose tips things went much quicker. I found and fixed another leak in the turquoise line to the tbl and that made the leak slower (fix number 6) Then I found what I believe is the last significant leak. The In car temperature sensor has an internal vacuum leak (fix number 7). The one I pulled out was dated 1996 so was replaced once already.

Tomorrow I will just go down to my FLAP store and pick one up. No that's not going to work....
            03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
            02 SL500 Silver Arrow
            08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
            12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

Those stupid sensors don't hold up well. I would really like to figure out way to replace that with something else that does the same job, but doesn't fail as frequently.
              86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
              I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

If I have time I will take this one apart and see what failed. It is only 16 years old
                02 SL500 Silver Arrow

Comment

I was really surprised. My flap store actually has the part new. Also available at discount auto for $9 cheaper but I would have to wait for it to be shipped.
                  02 SL500 Silver Arrow

Comment

Finally for the first time in well over a year my atc works!
                    02 SL500 Silver Arrow

Comment

Working...
                    X