No announcement yet.

Ignition problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What GM HEI distributor reference I can ride? There are several models.

Comment

this is one of the hei ones made for fords

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
      2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
      1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
      1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
      2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
      1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Should I make any special wiring to install the distributor?

Comment

You need one wire that is hot in both key-on and with the engine cranking. See what they tapped the fuel pump from and see if that will do the job.

Oh, make sure what material the distributor gear is. It needs to be iron on your engine if its an 84. If its an 86+ engine, it needs to be steel.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

hello, how are you?

I have recived the distributor, and I need the ignition scheme to adjust the distributor. Thank you very much to all

Comment

Hello, Does anyone can help me? Thanks

Comment

Not sure what you are asking for. Do you need the ignition firing order, or something else? Also, which distributor did you buy?
                86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I bought this HEI distributor, http://compare.ebay.com/like/3706017...Types&var=sbar.

I need what is the ignition diagram for switch on the car, that is, I need adjust the ignition in his point.

Comment

Working...
                  X