dome lights staying

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dome lights staying

I have noticed that in the 84 2 door the dome lights will stay on after i close my door. I know in my wifes 86 the dome lights will stay on after the door is closed but they will shut off in a minutes time. the 84 2 door does not do that as sometimes the lights will just stay on and most of the time they will shut off as soon as the door is closed. i pulled the fuse out for now so my battery wont die like it did 2 weeks ago on my wife. Is there a timer on the 84 like the 86 has or is something else going on. I also tried pushing the door button in to see if there where any changes but that did work either. The only way i can get them to turn off is to start the car and close the door, turn the car off then shut the door and the lights turn off. any idears?
    1984 mercury grand marquis ls rebuilt 306 flat top pistons with factory cfi and lincoln headers with single glasspack dual snorkle air cleaner. Gloss black paint with slick top coversion.
    1986 mercury grand marquis colony park 5.0 sefi dual exhuast thrush turbos with h pipe and turbines

You have either a misajusted jamb switch(es), or a bad jamb switch(es). Push them both in (with a helper) at the same time and you'll know if its misajusted. Replacements can be bought at napa.

Alex.

Comment

Working...
    X