Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A/C Blower blowing out very weak

The blower in my 85 CV is very disappointing

Lately it has been anywhere from 100 to 110 in my area and I have been wanting to use my a/c but it doesn't blow strongly at all. The air is cold, but only comes out a little. It feels like there may be a blockage in the ducts but it blows like this on every setting (vents,floor, and defrost).

I have taken the dash apart and felt inside the ducts but didn't notice any blockages

Is it possible that the blower motor could just be getting weak? It is also very loud.

I replaced the motor resistor and had it working without a resistor and it was still wimpy.

Any help would be much appreciated as rolling the windows down is just not getting the job done anymore.

I don't have ATC

Thanks
    1985 LTD Crown Victoria - Currently restoring after she caught fire! CFI to SEFI to Carb swap, all custom wiring, Duraspark 2 ignition, Motorcraft 2100 Carb, slicktop, Shorty headers dumped before rear axle, 140 Speedo, 3G alt, And currently building an engine for her.

2000 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series - 165XXX, PI intake swap , 30 MPG Easy on the Highway, All options except dual exhaust. Currently looking for 2 front seats: Heated, Memory, and Light Graphite color!!

I would pull out the blower to make sure it is working properly and see if anything is hanging up in there. That is the only part of the system where a fan noise can come from.

Just 4 screws to remove. Run it while its out just to make sure it's spinning well.

Hope that helps, Larry
    sigpic
    89 LTC 429>557 Cobrajet stroker
    13 F-150 XLT 6.2 l
    "If I could separate what's real from what I've been dreaming I could live to fight another day"

Comment

definitely pull the blower and clean inside the case. its often packed up with crap. If thats all good, does it blow from everywhere at once? If so, you've probably got a broken air door inside the plenum, or maybe if the heater core has been replaced, the plenum isn't tightly sealed to the eucts. if you open the glovebox and feel lots of air blowing around back there, look at the seal to make sure its there, and actually making contact. When I did my heater core at one point, I didn't have the upper bolt tight and there was a gap between the plenum and the ductwork and most of the air was just blowing around behind the glovebox. The instrument panel did a really neat job of frosting up because it was cold while the rest of the car was hot as hell.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

when you pull the blower... look at the fins on the evap core. remove the hair/dirt/crap/etc. Enjoy.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Originally posted by gadget73
        ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.

Originally posted by dmccaig
        Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Working...
        X