Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shift indicator

Dear Pathers,
    I'm considering replacing the instrument cluster on my 89 CP. There are aftermarket LED shift indicator panels available http://www.newvintageusa.com/panels.html but I think the CP is a mechanical indicator. Has anybody changed theirs?

Donald

The colony park has the mechanical indicator. I don't know how you would get the thing to work unless you had some sort of sliding switch or something.

Comment

Those are really neat! Never knew you could buy something like that. But I'm not really sure how you tie them into a Merc dash. Unless your going fully custom.
      2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
      2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
      2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
      1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

What do the instructions have to say about hook up and driver options? Then figure out a way to do it. ie: roller tipped micro switch ridding on a waved pattern attached to the steering column. A gutted parking brake vacuum release with something similar.

Alex.

Comment

Looks neet but unless they have already worked out a painless conversion it appears to be a LOT of grief for minimal return. Just my humble opinion.....

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

"NEVER trade your passion for glory"!! Sal "the Bard" (Dear Old Dad!)

"Cars are for driving - PERIOD! I DON'T TEXT, TWEET OR TWERK!!!!"

Comment

basically they have something that hooks on the trans to read position and report that to the display. Lokar has some and instructions are downloadable and it will give you a very good idea of what is needed.

Dakota Digital also has some... but they want even more $$$... but then again... they look nicer too.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
            rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
            Originally posted by gadget73
            ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
            Originally posted by dmccaig
            Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Working...
            X