No announcement yet.

New Heater Core...No Hot Air

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not entirely sure if the crank arm on the ATC blend door is the same as the crank arm on the non-ATC one. Between that and the cable locations, you may just not get enough cable movement to give it full swing from cold to hot. its not something I've ever compared. The non-ATC cars have never had trouble with that, and I've always been able to fix the ATC to work as it should so I never considered changing the system over honestly.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I'd just pull the glovebox, disconnect the cable and push it one way or the other by hand to see what the vent temps do. If you get all the heat you need, just find a way to set the door fully hot and forget about it until weather gets warmer (see post #13 above).

Alex.

Comment

I did the full heat or full cold by disconnecting the canister behind the glove box before. Since I was this far into the dash to replace the heater core, I went and moved the cable to make it manual so I can blend again.

I looked at my mounting and the cable bottoms out just before the door closes, about 1/16" to 1/8" left on the door movement. I remounted the cable and it's now 100% closed on the hot side. I’m running the cable through the back side so when the lever is hot it’s hot and cold for cold. If I mounted it from the front, the temps would be backwards. There is a metal bracket in the way on the back side. Making it more difficult to mount than from the front, but at least it will operate correct for the hot/cold.

Will test if its working right after I get off work today.

sigpic

I'd rather be a failure at something I love than a success at something I hate.
        George Burns

Comment

It's amazing what a 1/4" will do for you! I have heat, defrost, floor and vents. I can blend the air too! Now all I have to do is fix the engine, tranny, rear end, HO upgrade, read disc brakes so on and so on...

Thanks for your help everyone!

sigpic

I'd rather be a failure at something I love than a success at something I hate.
          George Burns

Comment

Working...
          X