FRP 9mm Spark Plug Wires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FRP 9mm Spark Plug Wires

Did some dress up today and also found two questionable "original" wires in the process. I used zip ties as poorman's wire separators.

Sent from my '85 Lincolin Town Car
    Using Tapatalk

looks good!

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
    2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
    1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
    1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
    2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
    1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

original sticker on the air cleaner AND uncracked air intake tube? That's mint.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
      160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
      waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

LOL,yep. I plan on scrubbing clean the air cleaner, taping off the sticker and repainting it.

Using Tapatalk

Comment

Was it raining?

Comment

Yep, I started the passenger side, got it done then had to quit for a couple of hour unit the rain stopped. I finished the rest and then it started raining again.

Using Tapatalk

Comment

I like the zip tie wire separator trick. I've used it a few times myself. Looks good, works fine, and costs almost nothing. It usually works better than the proper item for that job, especially if you're running fatter than stock plug wires.
              86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
              I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I agree. I also used a trick I learned in the HVAC trade. The #8 wire just sits on the oil dip stick bracket. I cut off one of the old boots and slit it down the middle. I put it over the bracket edge and now the plug wire touches the rubber boot and not the bare metal edge of the bracket.

Using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by kodiak View Post
                  I used zip ties as poorman's wire separators.
                  +1 for this trick! old school lol.........
                  Rodney Tolleson, me at the track.....future drag box racer!

Comment

Where do I get me some of those!

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk
                    1987 Grand Marquis LS (GONE!)
                    1990 Grand Marquis GS

I like to go fast

Comment

Originally posted by Deno McThrash View Post

AMAZON!

Using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Deno McThrash View Post

almost any automotive retailer that handles ford racing stuff should be able to get you those wire sets, I have two red sets, bought them thru summit racing , I believe they are available in black, blue, red and yellow....maybe more
                        Last edited by Guest; 05-22-2014, 09:28 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

I figured it would have to be a ford racing distrubutor. All i ever find is 8mm.
                          1987 Grand Marquis LS (GONE!)
                          1990 Grand Marquis GS

I like to go fast

Comment

Nope, they fit my stock 85 LTC lopo just fine. They come with both types of coil wires. A short one for female coils and a long one for male coils. I plan on finding a shop that will shorten the long one for me. I don't have the tools to make a proper crimp.

Using Tapatalk

Comment

Wonder how thick the OEM wires are?

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

"NEVER trade your passion for glory"!! Sal "the Bard" (Dear Old Dad!)

"Cars are for driving - PERIOD! I DON'T TEXT, TWEET OR TWERK!!!!"

Comment

Working...
                              X