85 LTC replacing the T.P.S. How to?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

85 LTC replacing the T.P.S. How to?

Hi everyone, my 85 townie has been having issues, it stalls out when I let off the pedal or sometimes at idle after all warmed up.... I replaced the TFI module as well as a full tuneup, plugs wires new fuel filter as well as fuel pump... All new vac hoses everywhere, cleaned injectors, literally everything has been replaced.... Only thing I haven't replaced is the Throttle position sensor,,,,, so what's involved here how do I get it off... I need a step by step detailed explanation, pictures would be helpful too.... I ordered a motorcraft replacement for it Motorcraft Part Number: CX-1013A better than a off brand replacement... So who wants to help..... I have the beer ready and the food on the grill..... Thanks again

clean the throttle body and IAC? That's the usual problem with low idle on EFI cars.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.

Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

You have one electrical connection to disconnect Be carefull of the plastic clips. The electrical connection pulls apart. The other end has two screws that look like phillips head. DO NOT use a phillips screwdriver, you will strip it ! It requires another phillips type head. I need to do my 89 lincoln's TPS soon. Hopefully someone here knows the size of the proper type head.

Comment

No iac. This is a cfi car. .... Cleaned everything,,,,, it is the last thing...

Comment

nevermind then.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
          rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Originally posted by gadget73
          ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.

Originally posted by dmccaig
          Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

The pieces on the rod coming out of the throttle body that connect to the cold idle do they have to be removed in a certain way... Or do those pieces just only mount one way only ?

Comment

Working...
            X