Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Depressed park wipers

Dear Panthers,

We've got the raintracker installed EXCEPT connecting it to the 1989 GM wiper control. The GM wipers depressed park feature makes for some weird wiring.

What other late 80 panthers had the depressed park wipers?

Donald

All of them had it. It was a standard feature on all the full size models.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

ALERT: According to the MFR, Raintracker doesn't work as advertised on Depressed Park Panthers. We hope we can cobble something together that "kind of" works. More anon.

Donald

Comment

Raintracker Alert

Dear Panthers, According to the MFR, Raintracker doesn't work as advertised on Depressed Park Panthers. We hope we can cobble something together that "kind of" works. More anon.

Donald

Comment

I'll try to remember to look though this thread again later and see if a delayed off relay in the right place would sort the issue.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
          rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Originally posted by gadget73
          ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.

Originally posted by dmccaig
          Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

I don't see an elegant way of setting up a park bypass. I can see a workaround though... use the normally closed side of a relay to keep the slow line connected and trigger the relay to be open when you enable the rain tracker. You'll have to remember to disable the rain tracker to park the wipers though. I do not see a decent way to do this otherwise. If you need me to draw it out for you, I can. Basically connect 87A (center pin on a universal automotive relay) to one side of the slow splice and 30 to the other side (blu and ppl on the rain tracker). Connect 86 to black (ground) and 85 to gry (rain tracker switch). When the rain tracker is disabled, the wipers will be allowed to park in the depressed position... at least in theory.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
            rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Originally posted by gadget73
            ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.

Originally posted by dmccaig
            Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Thanks Sly,

We got her done, sort of. I turn my wipers to intermittent and they come up and stay up. I turn on the raintracker and wipers wipe when moisture hits the sensor. It's a good thing in an off-again on-again moderate rain. The original wipers are, essentially twospeed slow/fast with an intermittent slow, so I don't know yet whether the fast speed will work until I drive into a cloudburst. I'll report. The Raintracker control box wiring was shoddy and needed resoddering.

Donald

Comment

Working...
              X