Another Town Car message center issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another Town Car message center issue

Hi all, been lurking on here for quite a while. Have a 1984 Town Car Cartier that was dads old car. Been off the road for 10 years and am getting her back out and running. One issue I am having is that my message center is intermittently going haywire. Display flickers, date changes, all kinds of bings and bongs. When it is working I can go through the SELF TEST III out of the service manual and everything passes. Seems the only solution is a replacement control unit or perhaps getting the one that is in there looked at by someone better versed in electronics than me. Any ideas or leads are appreciated.

yeah, they get stupid. The electronics most likely need a rebuild. If you were anywhere in the Philly area, I'd offer to have a look at it for you, with the warning that I've never worked on one before and can't guarantee that it would fix the problem. I've had some fair bit of success with various things, but I never like to make any promises on things I've never had my hands in before.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
    X