Heeeelllllp!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heeeelllllp!

i believe my car has a bad connection somewhere so i got a new connector for the TFI. i was untaping some old wires to clean it up and retape and i found a bare wire NOT connected to anything just taped up. is it important do i need it? 1984 CFI mercury.
    Attached Files
    sigpic

also quick question. i put in a new dizzy with a new module to see if that would work. i went to set the timing and it turns out i left the key in and ignition on. well when i was turning the dizzy side to side the ignition would click on and off(relays click, pump primes) is that suppose to happen? is it the magnetic pick up that does that?
    sigpic

Comment

I am guessing that the foil like wrap and the bare wire maybe a shealed cable
      Scars are tatoos of the fearless

Comment

OOOOOOHHHHH... and it was only cut because they changed the TFI connector before(had crimp connectors) now it makes sense. Its just there for noise or something right? Also what about the twisting of the distributor?
        sigpic

Comment

yes, thats normal. The ECM sees pulse from the pickup to fire the injectors and turn on the fuel pump.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
          X