Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need Help Car will not turn over when I try to start it.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need Help Car will not turn over when I try to start it.

I came out of kohls the other day when i turned the key the starter turned to start the engine but then stopped. So now when I turn the key nothing happens no clicking just nothing. My battery is fully charged the charging system is fine. So I installed a new starter and solenoid at kohls still nothing. So I had the car towed home, tested fusable links near solenoid with a multimeter tested the alternator and its getting power, so I tore apart the steering column and replaced the ignition switch and ignition cylinder and still when I turn the key to try to start it does nothing. power and ground cables were all upgraded to 4 gauge in 2012, in 2013 I upgraded to a 3 g alternator 4 gauge power cable and fused. Never had problems until thursday why wont my starter turn on to start the car, I have been driving her daily since 2012 it had 62k now it has 116k so I need to get this damn car to start. Thanks for any help
    88 Mustang lx 4cyl converted to 351w efi (Foxy)
    86 Crown Victoria ltd 2 dr DD (Queen Elizabeth)
    93 F250 460 5 speed

Neutral safety switch on the transmission bad?
    sigpic
    89 LTC 429>557 Cobrajet stroker
    13 F-150 XLT 6.2 l
    "If I could separate what's real from what I've been dreaming I could live to fight another day"

Comment

Have you tried bridging the starter solenoid with a screw driver to see if that works?
      1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
      1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

jump the battery to the S terminal on the starter relay. if it turns over, that proves out the starter, the relay, and all related wiring.

If thats good, I'd bet on crusty connector heading down to the transmission, the connector at the NSS, or the NSS itself. All 3 things are between the key switch and the starter relay.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
        X