Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TripMinder Wiring

Hi guys,

I have a TripMinder and the donor lead that I'd like to put into my 87.

I read how you have 1 or 2 grounds depending what year the unit is from. That's easy. Then you have an always hot wire, and a keyed power. A background illumination wire.

BUt it read like there were a couple of wires I need to tape in elsewhere.

So does anyone have the diagram to show what the wires are on the connector for the TripMinder, as well as, where I could tap the other wires into? I'd love to have this in the 87 Colony Park.
    -Nick M.
    Columbia, SC

66 Squire, 89 Colony Park, 90 TC, 03 TC, 06 TC, 07 TC (2x)
    03 BMW 540iT, 07 Toyota Tundra SR5 Dbl Cab/5.7 2WD

Im in the same situation with a digital clock if soneone could chime in for that as well
    Charlette - Brown 1977 Ford LTD - 351 Windsor 155K, Full Custom Pioneer system, green HID, interior & underbody
    Alesha - Black 1982 Mercury Marquis - 255ci 178K, full custom Kenwood and Infinity system, lowered, dual exhaust, LED all the things
    Tangerine Dream - Orange 1988 F-150 Custom - 300 i6 82k, Ghetto sound system, 5spd, 2WD, #farmtruck

Comment

i did put that in my 85 and have the diagrams some where. More to follow.

You car has EFI i hope and not a VV?

With that being a 87 it should be mostly pre wired. You will find a connector taped to the main harness top of dash and to the right of the speedo. This will contain all the feeds you will need - dont get this and the digital clock connector mixed up.. You will need to build about a 8 inch extension. Have a look. I think you might be able to find it if you remove the clock and put you had up in there.

Steve

Comment

Hummmm... it might be more center of the speedo on the 87

Comment

Everything to do with interior and body electrical including headlights and tail lights. CFI specific discussions and AC/heating systems.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
          rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Originally posted by gadget73
          ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.

Originally posted by dmccaig
          Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Just FYI I rerouted the wire and thus no extension was needed. This was an 89.
            03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
            02 SL500 Silver Arrow
            08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
            12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

Hope This helps too.

Comment

Working...
              X