Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Occasional Vacuum sucking sround coming from under the dah (center to driver's side)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Occasional Vacuum sucking sround coming from under the dah (center to driver's side)

What I would notice (intermittently) is that when I SLOWLY back off the gas pedal....I would hear a sucking sound as if I am losing a vacuum somewhere. I can duplicate it a finite amount of times by giving throttle and slowly releasing it. Anybody else go through this. I did replace that crescent valve and need to check the parking brake release actuator. But it still stonewall's me
    "To Find yourself, you must first lose yourself"

-1973 Volkswagen Bus Westy
    -1986 Honda Magna 700cc
    -1989 Lincoln Town car Signature Series
    -2011 Subaru Outback

Center-driver's side sounds like a vacuum leak at the climate control head unit. Are you sure the sound is in the dash and not in the engine compartment?
    RyPow
    1987 LTD Crown Victoria LX sedan - The "Sand Box" - 73K, towing package
    1987 LTD Crown Victoria LX Tutone Tudor - '96 Explorer 5.0 + 5spd swap in the works
    1985 Lincoln Town Car Cartier - previously owned by "navguy12" from thelincolnforum.net
    2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited, 102k, daily driver
    2006 Mercury Grand Marquis LS, 115k, winter beats
    1977 Lincoln Continental Town Car, 42k
    2012 F-150 5.0L 4x4, HD payload pkg (towing/hauling)
    2015 Toyota RAV4 XLE AWD (better half's)

Comment

No... but mines been making a ticky/creaky sound somewhere under the dash after i let off the gas. Really faint but pretty annoying
      Give a man a fish and he will be fed for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will promptly forget that he once did not know, and proceed to call anyone who asks, a n00b and flame them on the boards for being stupid.

Comment

With all the windows rolled up, I could hear it tssssssssssppwhen I let off the gas. I am hopig it's not in the climate control, maybe the crescent valve again

-1986 Honda Magna 700cc
        -2011 Subaru Outback

Comment

I had a leak on the device that auto releases the parking brake pedal. I unplugged it and used a screw to cap off the hose. No more hissing/leaking sound.

sigpic

I'd rather be a failure at something I love than a success at something I hate.
          George Burns

Comment

I guess what I will do is create vacuum on random hoses to see if it's the hose or if not then ill pull vacuum on the crescent valve and Parking brake actuator

-1986 Honda Magna 700cc
            -2011 Subaru Outback

Comment

Working...
            X