1990 - 75 amp Alternator upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1990 - 75 amp Alternator upgrade

What pieces do I need to put a 100 amp alt. in my car. I'm not going to do the G3 conversion.

I'm thinking that the alt. harness unplugs from the main harness and that I don't need the entire main harness. I know I will need a different bracket because the 100 amp is larger but that is the way I want to go.

Has anyone done this before or does anyone have the parts I'm going to need for sale? Any help is appreciated.

Stan

Which alternator do you have, the kind with 2 large plugs, or the kind with a small plug, a single wire connector, and a bolt-on charge cable? Two were possible in 1990, the 2 plug 65 amp 2g type and the bolt-on charge cable 95 amp 3g type. I'm not 100% clear on which you have.

The 100 amp is actually a 1g alternator, and honestly its not that good. I would go with a 130 amp 3g style that will fit into the stock bracket. Less wiring nonsense too, it halfway plugs in vs having to convert to an external regulator. Its also less expensive and has much better idle speed output. If you already have the 95 amp 3g, then the 130 is a drop-in.

This is the 2g alternator to 3g alternator conversion info
    Everything to do with interior and body electrical including headlights and tail lights. CFI specific discussions and AC/heating systems.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
    X