Premium Sound problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Premium Sound problems

On my '86 Country Squire, I believe the amp has given up the ghost. Why do I say that? Because when the power is turned OFF to the stock head unit, the speakers will still have static and will "pop" for up to a minute before it quits.

Where is the amp on a Country Squire wagon??? I want to try the easy fix first, by checking grounds and cleaning connectors first, before pulling the whole works and putting in aftermarket speakers, wiring and a new head unit and amp.
    1986 Ford Country Squire LX 8-pass wagon 5.0L AOD

Pull back spare tire cover its right there
    -Nick M.
    Columbia, SC

66 Squire, 89 Colony Park, 90 TC, 03 TC, 06 TC, 07 TC (2x)
    03 BMW 540iT, 07 Toyota Tundra SR5 Dbl Cab/5.7 2WD

Comment

Cool, thanks!

Comment

OK, it's not there at all. I've heard it could also be under the passenger front seat (not there), under the DS rear "glove box" (not there, either), or under the center speaker hole under the dash pad. This isn't gonna be fun.

Comment

With my 85 wagon it is located on the drivers side under that rear storage compartment in the side.

Comment

You have to wonder why Ford would think of FOUR possible places to install an amplifier, in ONE car line. It's nuts! On the drive home yesterday from work, the amplifier sounded its last death knell, as it went full volume with the loudest, most obnoxious static-y screeching and popping, overpowering the radio by a factor of two. This kept on going even after I turned the radio OFF! Same loud volume, same noises. Right now, I have the fuse pulled. Insane.

Comment

Last one I worked on was an '89, and it was near the spare tire. I don't remember if it required removing the panel or not, but it probably did. It was on the passenger side in the back end of the car somewhere though.
              86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
              I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Oh crap I forgot - pull the spare tire cover, and then trace the wiring that goes up on the D pillar, passenger side inside. Need to remove that plastic trim panel.
                -Nick M.
                Columbia, SC

66 Squire, 89 Colony Park, 90 TC, 03 TC, 06 TC, 07 TC (2x)
                03 BMW 540iT, 07 Toyota Tundra SR5 Dbl Cab/5.7 2WD

Comment

Working...
                X