Cracked Wires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cracked Wires

While working on another problem, I found these cracked wires. They are near the passenger side going down to a connector, then going down underneath the car. I believe one of them to be for the o2 sensor, but not sure. The wires are only cracked in the one area that was exposed to the air. Pulling back the harness wrap and the rest of it looks fine. The wire colors are Red with a Blue strip and Half Red Half Purple.

Any ideas what they go to?

Click image for larger version

Name:	P7240062.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	134.2 KB
ID:	1303548Click image for larger version

Name:	P7240063.jpg
Size:	141.8 KB
ID:	1303549Click image for larger version

Name:	P7240058.jpg
Size:	48.7 KB
ID:	1303550

sigpic

I'd rather be a failure at something I love than a success at something I hate.
    George Burns

I want to say those are in the starting circuit. Probably the run to and from the neutral safety switch if its in the harness that comes off the transmission.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Thanks, I won't worry about them so much now and fix the wires later.

sigpic

I'd rather be a failure at something I love than a success at something I hate.
      George Burns

Comment

Wrap some tape around them in the short term. Use the good stuff, not the 10 for $1 crap that melts off.
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Opinions/experiences on the liquid electrical tape for something like this?
          ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
          My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
          My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
          But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
          my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

That would probably work, provided it was completely coated.

Comment

Working...
            X