Headlight switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Headlight switch

So my headlight switch went bad, I ordered a bwd part from advanced auto, but it does not seem to be the correct part, so I am going to return it. I was wondering if someone who has done this before could could point me in the right direction? I am planning to order new connectors as well, the old ones looked a bit toasted

What car you working on?
    The ones who accomplish true greatness, are the foolish who keep pressing onward.
    The ones who accomplish nothing, are the wise who know when to quit.

Comment

Headlight switch

Its a 1989 grand marquis ls, with auto lights on/off delay

Comment

Hi you need BWD S2097. That is the proper switch for autolamp for a crown victoria or Grand Marquis. BWD PT767 for the large headlight switch connection. As for the smaller autolamp connector, I am not sure for the small connector.

Comment

Headlight switch

Ok thanks! Turns out that was the part I ordered, I just made a mistake transferring the rod that the knobs attach to over to the new part

Comment

You may want to consider a relay kit for your headlights to take the amps off the new switch.
            1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
            1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
            Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
            Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Relays are more gooder. If the parking light terminal melted, LED lamps in some places will sort that, or you can relay that circuit too.
              86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
              I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Headlight switch

I'm going to skip the relay kit for now, I need to get this thing on the road so I can do a water pump and thermostat on my other car

Comment

Just something to tuck into your hat for a possible down the road upgrade. My harness is designed such that I simply unplugged the stock connectors and plugged in the relay harness. I made it off the car, and it can be bypassed in about 2 minutes if something went wrong with it. No wires cut, etc. I know some people do cut into the harness for relays, but I like having a fallback plan. Its been some 9 years and I haven't used it but its still there if I need it.
                  86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                  5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                  I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
                  X