Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where is the VSS, neutral safety switch connecter under the car.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where is the VSS, neutral safety switch connecter under the car.

I am needing to replace the wiring to the connector for the VSS, neutral safety switch. Where by the trans is this connector? On our 84 Town car. I want to get the cruise control working.
    I m planning on hitting the u pull it shortly, Which years can I get this wiring and connector from? odds are they won't have an 84 Lincoln Town car.

Thanks
    Tim
    2000 Ford Crown Victoria
    84 Lincoln Town car signature, R.I.P
    85 Ford LTD Crown Victoria 2 door performance project
    89 Lincoln town car: RIP
    89 Crown Victoria LX 2002 USACi sound quality world champion RIP
    1990 Mercury Grand Marquis LS
    1994 Mercury Grand Marquis (sold)
    2004 Mercury Marauder. owned for a week then got screwed by the dealer

If your transmission actually has an electronic VSS on it, it will be in the tailshaft housing, on the driver side between the transmission crossmember and the driveshaft yoke, the speedometer cable plugs into the VSS actually. '84 may still have just the cable drive on the trans tho, with the electronic VSS being on the back side of the gauge cluster instead.

Neutral safety switch is also on the driver side of the transmission, right behind where the TV cable and shifter linkages connect o the transmission. Kind of a bitch to get to, especially if the junkyard positioned the car on a big concrete block that supports it right behind the front wheels.
    The ones who accomplish true greatness, are the foolish who keep pressing onward.
    The ones who accomplish nothing, are the wise who know when to quit.

Comment

Working...
    X